Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pyloric Stenosis

It's been a while since my last post. Partly because of Thanksgiving. Partly because of a little thing called pyloric stenosis. Little Baker Man started projectile vomiting most everything he ate over Thanksgiving and to the point we began to worry. I just knew it was reflux so I didn't worry too much. Although, the pedeiatrician suggested going to the ER in case it was pyloric stenosis, which we did. The ER only did an X-Ray and said he did not have anything life threatening (thanks Jackson Hospital) and to follow up with my pediatrician. So, I did and they kind of gave me the "your a paranoid mom" look and sent me to get an ultrasound anyway. Turns out, he tested positive for pyloric stenosis which is a stomach issue where the muscle is to large at the "emptying spot" and makes the food back up causing them to vomit. Eventually they dehydrate from no food intake ect.. So, off we were to Children's Hospital for SURGERY! If you have ever had to take your baby to the hospital for surgery you know how terrifying it is. I myself have had two heart surgeries and the fear and worry was nothing compared to this! We couldnt allow him to eat for 22 hours and this was by far the worst part. That night before the surgery, while waiting in the hospital room was miserable for all of us.

To make a long story short, the surgery went great. I knew Children's Hospital was the best place he could be for this type of situation and I trusted them although it was still very scary. He has bounced back quickly (thank the Lord)and we can't thank all of you that prayed for him. I know he was lifted up because we felt the prayers and he did great.

Here is a pitiful little picture of Baker Man in his little hospital bed. Don't worry, he only actually stayed in this bed for a total of about 5 minutes. We held him the whole time.


His belly

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh poor Baker! I was so glad to hear that the surgery went well! We were praying!

Kellie said...

I followed all the FB updates - so glad he's doing better!

Amy Kennedy said...

Sweet boy! I'm so glad that is all behind him now. It already seems like a long time since we saw y'all at Thanksgiving-can't wait to see him again SOON. I know he'll be so much bigger even in just a few weeks!

taylor said...

Poor Bakes! I know you're relieved that's over! What a tough cookie he is! So glad everything's ok!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14