As you can see from my last post, I got to go to Auburn last weekend for the Tennesse game. It was just as fun as I expected. I ended up getting a student ticket which means "standing only", which I thought would be a nightmare, but I actually didnt even notice. I think I prefer to stand. Especially in a game like that where we are BARELY winning. So, my newest Top Five is my Top Five Favorite Things Associated with AUBURN!
5. Big Blue Bagel Deli- If you went to Auburn I hope you loved this place as much as I did. Its a great "Sunday lunch after a big game" place. I am obsessed with the Tiger Melt which is chicken salad atop a bagel of your choice and then topped with Cheddar cheese. Whoa, its good! We got to go this past Sunday which made me VERY happy.
4. AUBIE- Auburn's mascot is NO DOUBT the best there is. That is not even biased. I believe he has been voted "Best Mascot" several times before and if I wasnt lazy I would look up those stats and post them on here. Just trust me on this one. He isnt just an animal in a suit that walks around waving at small children- He has SO much personality. He's very smooth and energetic. He always has some type of shenanigans up his sleeve.
3. The Firetruck- The newest of my favorite Auburn things. My uncle invested in an old firetruck, I guess 2 years ago, and had it painted orange and blue tiger stripes. All throughout game day it rides around campus with a pile of people on the back shaking their shakers. It blares the AU fight song and other cheers as it goes. The campus gets into it and the Auburn spirit is awesome!
2. The Eagle- If you have been to an Auburn game and seen the eagle sour around the stadium, you will know why this is #2. Not only is the eagle a huge part of Auburn, but also a great American symbol. I get misty eyed every time he flies around and around. I also have a moment where I doubt if he will actually land how is supposed to and how embarrassing that would be.
1.. The football team- I hate to sound cliche that Auburn football is my favorite, blah blah blah, but I would be lying if I didnt add this. I have been a fan since 1999, which is not really that long considering I'm 27. However, in these nine years, I have seen Auburn undefeated, win games that were IMPOSSIBLE to win, lose games that should have been IMPOSSIBLE to lose, take BAMA down 6 years in a row, and there's this year that I dont' even want to get started on...but point is, there is no feeling that being in that stadium when the band comes out in all their glory..then the team comes out in smoke walking with linked arms, whilst the jumbo tron is blaring eye of the tiger or some other new "Get pumped up" song. I just love everything about Auburn football!
I notice people like to do "Wordless Wednesdays" on their blogs, so I have taken the liberty to attempt to do a Top Five Tuesday...It will be random and different each week. To kick things off I will start with the Top Five things I am looking forward to (as of today):
1. Spending time with my hubby tonight for the last time in about a week :( 2. The weekend! I'm headed to Auburn for the Tennesse game with my good friend, and college roomie, Caroline. It will be so fun! 3. GREASE!- its coming along. There have been some scheduling kinks but all in all it should be great. I am enjoying my part SO much! 4. THE BABY's arrival in February. Just to clear up, not MY baby, but my brother and sister in law's baby. She has a name too and its VERY CUTE! I won't say in case they don't want it broadcast to the 3 people that read my blog. 5. Rice's Bachelorette party in October! I love these girls and we have a blast when we get together. It will be in Birmingham and I'm getting very excited about it!
It is official...I am completely addicted to getting massages. I wish someone would have told me that once you get one professionally that it would be all over. It really is. I have gotten 3 massages (and I do mean where I pay at a salon and such) in the last month! People, that is way too many- especially at $50 a pop for 30 minutes. The crazy thing is I always wish I had opted for the 1 hour for just $20 more. Everytime I get one the therapist says "you have a LOT of tension in your neck, back and shoulders" so I think this is how i justify going back so often. I do NOT need to keep that tension just sitting around ready to bring me down ya know? I can also justify it by its theraputic benefits! http://www.newsweek.com/id/157196
I went to a new girl "Amy" yesterday and now she is my new best friend. She gave the top 2 massages I have ever gotten, which is saying a lot. Additionally, when I told Brent I had an appointmetn for yesterday he gave me that "do you REALLY need to spend money on this AGAIN" look. The answer is "yes, I do". If he would take some classes in the art, then maybe I could get them for free at home. Until then, I just have to save my money....
Let me paint you a picture of our weekend. Well, my sweet parents were coming to Tuscaloosa for the first time to see our house (Brent's house) and so Dad could go to the Alabama game with Brent. He hasn't been to one since the 70's I believe. Ok, so this is supposed to be fun and relaxing right? Well, Brent realized Friday night that his air conditioner in his car was out. He took it first thing Saturday morning to be fixed to the tune of $750.00. My parents had graciously brought us a china cabinet they had found in Dothan on sale, and getting back from the car place we unload it. As we are trying to get it moved, patched (from scratching) and cleaned, we notice the kitchen sink is leaking. So, Dad and Brent go to Lowe's to get tools to fix the sink. While gone to Lowe's, Mom realized the toilet is ALSO leaking and we need tools to fix those. Being "girls" we dont know what this means. So, they get home to a broken sink AND a broken toilet. So, Brent makes his way BACK to Lowes to get the pieces for the toilet. When he arrives home, we realize "AH, the dogs got out because the gate is broken" WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO YOU GOD?" The spotless cleaned house now looked like Hurricane Ike came through Tuscaloosa and into our kitchen. Needless to say, we spent the day fixing, and repairing everything in the house. On Sunday, Dad and Brent went to Birmingham to pick up a couch and a bed for us. So, the positive side to this story is that we got a new china cabinet, couch, bed, drain, air conditioner and toilet in one weekend! Mom and Dad it was a fun first and probably last trip! I hope you enjoyed Tuscaloosa!
I have officially lost my mind...For some unknown, craziness I have accepted a part in Grease with Centerstage. Let me just outline WHY this is the dumbest decision ever:
1. We began rehearsals the DAY we got back from our honeymoon
2. I have to drive to Birmingham about 5 nights/days a week for rehearsals
3. I have to be there at 6:30, which means I dont go home after work therefore, zero time to do chores, spend time with hubby, ect.
4. Although Brent is in it too, he took a small part and will not have to be at many rehearsals.
Ok, on a positive note, since that is what I should end with, I am playing the role of "Marty". She was not that "stand out" in the movie, but much more prevelant in the stage version. I sing my favorite song in the show "Freddy My Love". So far, the dance numbers are really fun and I know I'm going to love it. PLUS, I am getting too old for Grease since they are supposed to be in high school. This is basically my last opportunity to do it. Thankfully, I do have friends in the cast although not the same crowd I am normally in shows with.
HOORAY FOR NATHAN AND AMY! They just found out yesterday that they are having a little girl! It will definately be convenient when she comes over b/c we are all set with girl toys and clothes! I can't wait to buy this little baby everything I see. She is healthy and right on track which is such a blessing! I can't wait to meet her in February! I love being an aunt already.
I love being married. It is so fun to wake up next to Brent and know that I'm coming home to him every day. No more driving to and from Tuscaloosa and Birmingham and that is great. The hardest part to me so far is having a new last name. I have been a Kennedy my whole life, almost 28 years. When will I get used to saying, "Lindsey Jones"? Also, right now is that in between stage of not knowing which last name to give the public. For example, when I called to make a dentist appointment I said Lindsey Kennedy in case they looked at my ID or old insurance cards, but then I said "Well, its actually Jones b/c he is our policy holder". However, my name is not officially changed on my social security card. It's all so confusing. I guess it will be a slow process. I have to admit it makes me a little sad to give up this last name. It has been my identity to everyone I've ever known. Not that they won't know me anymore, but it just seems weird to totally change it now. It is a small price to pay though to have Brent though.
We had the best week in Jamaica. Gustav allowed us to stay 2 extra days! We stay at Sans Souci Resort in Ochos Rios. It was all inclusive so we got used to getting up and leaving without a bill at nice restaurants. The Jamaican people are very laid back and have no worries. This was a nice change from our regular stressed out routine back home. We made several friends and have lots of funny stories. Here are some pictures!
Well, its all over. The wedding went off without a hitch (ish). Other than Hurrican Faye, I can't complain. I have always heard that your wedding is a blur, and it really is. I never dreamed I would feel that special just for getting married. It was truly the perfect day. I wish I could replay it again and again. Thankfully, there were LOTS of picture takers and some videos also. There are so many people that helped me, including several of Mom's friends. They just jumped right in there and did whatever needed to be done regardless of how rainy it was. My only regret is not speaking to everyone that was there. I just didnt even see some people that I know came. It's really very sad. The Honeymoon was perfect. We both were amazed at how wonderful it was and how good we felt. It was so relaxing and just fun. We managed to stay through Gustav in Jamaica, which wasn't near as bad as we feared. We certainly made the best of it. If you have a chance to stay at Couples Sans Souci, do it. We will definately be going back. I thought to end this blog I would do a Top Five things to do for your Wedding/Honeymoon:
5. Pack and Prepare all the tiniest details a week before the wedding. 4. Delegate jobs to people and don't try to do everything yourself 3. Have the dress shop figure out a bussle!! 2. Stop and look around at your reception and your wedding. I was given this advice and I'm glad I did. 1. Remeber to take the crabcakes and other wedding food out of the car before you leave for a week on your honeymoon! (I'm still gagging)
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14