Thursday, September 11, 2008

GREASE is the word....


I have officially lost my mind...For some unknown, craziness I have accepted a part in Grease with Centerstage. Let me just outline WHY this is the dumbest decision ever:

1. We began rehearsals the DAY we got back from our honeymoon

2. I have to drive to Birmingham about 5 nights/days a week for rehearsals

3. I have to be there at 6:30, which means I dont go home after work therefore, zero time to do chores, spend time with hubby, ect.

4. Although Brent is in it too, he took a small part and will not have to be at many rehearsals.


Ok, on a positive note, since that is what I should end with, I am playing the role of "Marty". She was not that "stand out" in the movie, but much more prevelant in the stage version. I sing my favorite song in the show "Freddy My Love". So far, the dance numbers are really fun and I know I'm going to love it. PLUS, I am getting too old for Grease since they are supposed to be in high school. This is basically my last opportunity to do it. Thankfully, I do have friends in the cast although not the same crowd I am normally in shows with.

2 comments:

Caroline H said...

post the dates of the show so we can come see you.

freddy my love is my favorite song too!

meredith said...

Yeah, I did Grease for Sirmon down at Chipola a few years ago (sadly, that was the last show I did) and it was PAINFULLY obvious that I was WAAAYYYY too old to be in the show!I was the oldest high school student ever! But the show was a lot of fun!! Have a good time!

Meredith

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14