1. Cow, our sweet small kitty, is super clingy..but only in the mornings. She could care less in the afternoon or night, but in the mornings WOW. I need to describe a typical morning with Cow. So, the minute I let her into the bathroom she starts "yowing" and its constant. She is not hungry and well, since she bathes and uses the bathroom on her on clock, she doenst need that either. So, its just attention that she is craving. So, if Im trying to put make up on she jumps in between me and the make up and walks up my chest so her face is right at my face. Then, I pick her up and she clings to me like a baby(complete with claws in shirt). My favorite was yesterday morning when I picked her up, she adjusted her body as to try to curl up to sleep in my arms (while I am standing). WOW, is all I can say. She might need a little therapy. Since when do cats seek your attention in a super needy way? Love that girl.
2. Like the smart family that we are, the Jones have decided to tackle a new project. We are going to be in the cast of "Miscast" with Theatre Tuscaloosa. This is my first stab at the theatre in my new town. Unlike Birmingham, there is really just the one so it is much more organized and "together" I guess you could say. The premise is that each person or group in the cast will do a number of their choice that they normally would not be cast as. The more opposite the better I think. Its supposed to be funny. For example: Carly and Zoe are singing "Marry the Man Today" from Guys and Dolls. Crazy thing #1: Didnt I say I wasnt doing theatre for a while? Crazy thing #2: It is in 3 weeks! WHY do I get myself into this? OH yeah, Brent and I are doing a duet that has not yet been decided. Probably something from Big River.
I'm a first time christmas carder. Try wrangling 4 pets into one picture. Not easy. 1take.
The chosen one.
Yesterday, I got to see the Radio City Muscial Hall Christmas Spectacular (although not so much Radio City as the BJCC Arena, but whatevs) I have seen it in NYC and just LOVED it. It did NOT dissappoint in Birmingham either. Its just SUCH a good production. They have so many wonderful special effects that make the show "magical". I loved it just as much this time as in NYC! See it if you can. I do not suggest running out the stage door of the show you are currently in yourself and missing your bows to head to the BJCC though. Too stressful.
This little gem has become my favorite thing EVER! If you have never used a neti pot whilst stopped up or having sinus issues, this thing works. Now, it is pretty gross at first. You fill the pot with their solution and lukewarm water, stir and wait until all is dissolved. Then, you simply place spicket into your nose and pour. It will exit out the opposite nostril. I keep wanting someone to watch me to do it because I feel proud, but I have not gotten any takers. It really works like a charm! Thank you Neti Pot!
Keeping with the spirit of Christmas, I'd like to take this time to do a Top 5 list. feel free to share with me your own.
5 Favorite Christmas songs
1. Oh Holy Night- most any version 2. Christmas in Dixie- Alabama 3. Greatest Gift of All- Kenny and Dolly 4. All I want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey 5. Bells will be Ringing- Eagles (I think)
5 Favorite Christmas Events
1. Watching ELF as many times as possible 2. Decorating! 3. Dirty Santa with my extended family (always a big time) 4. Listening to my favorite Christmas tunes 5. Going to Alabama Theatre to watch a Christmas movie
5 Favorite Christmas Movies
1. Elf 2. Home Alone 3. Holiday 4. Rudolph Claymation 5. Charlie Brown Christmas
5 Favorite Christmas Toys as a Kid
1. Cricket doll 2. Trampoline 3. Stilts 4. Keyboard 5. Dollhouse (that my mom made by hand)
Last night, Brent and I had a Christmas dinner party at our house. We had Nathan, Amy, Glenn, Beth and Isabelle over and it was a great time. I was dying to use my Christmas china and this was perfect. I made pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, salad, garlic/cheese bread and we had chocolate creme pie. Don't be impressed, the pie was store bought. I had a great time doing it and it is really fun to use all of our wedding gifts! I do wish I had taken a picture of the table in all of its beauty, but of course, I forgot. Anyway, thanks mom for hauling our stuff to Birmingham so we could have it this week.
I also went to see Twilight Monday night with Carrie and Carly. It was actually better than I was expecting it to be. Of course, the book was much better. The book has more details and painted a different picture than the movie, but in all I think it was pretty well done.
The following are pictures from the last two weeks. First is our tree! (plus sleeping cat in chair) Then, its Charlotte as "Santa" (Meg's baby) Next is two random dogs at the tailgate last Saturday. They started fighting/playing and they had a crowd gathering to cheer on their team. Last, are some pictures of Kristin's wedding that we went to two weekends ago.
* Title, compliments of Meg for the term "yum yuk" used mainly to describe a food you can't decide if you like or not ex: lime tortilla chips*
Thanksgiving was great in Dothan, a tradition for my mom to have as many people as possible over to eat. Its always a great time with great food. (Yum) I'm looking forward to the 2008 Hoedown that will be held December 20th in honor of Christmas.
Skip ahead to Friday, where my hubby and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to use our gift certificates from the wedding. It was awesome. We were very efficient in choosing. We ended up with new barstools, trashcans, mirror for the mantle, curtains, and more. We STILL have money to spend too. That felt like our Christmas. Then, we went to my favorite place ever- P.F. Changs for dinner to celebrate my b'day. Of course it was wonderful. (YUM again) However, the best part of the night was when we headed to our favorite place, Starz karaoke for a singing good time. As I'm pullin up a sad little table for just Brent and I, he looks at me and says "By the way, I've planned a surprise party for you and about 15 people will be here soon. HOW SWEET!!! And they did. It was so much fun and definately a surprise! Brent is the best husband ever and I have the best friends ever. Thanks to all that got to come!! (YUM again)
Skip ahead a few hours to the Iron Bowl. AKA Iron Bowl of Doom. (the YUK) I actually named it this before the game ever started. Horrible day all around. I rode from B'ham to Tusc with my friends Leah, Matt, and Katie. Traffic was crazy of course and then we were going to stop at my house so I could shower. Well, it wasn't until we are in our driveway, truck popped open, that I realize I dont have my key to get in..its with Brent back in Birmingham. So, I had to spend the rest of the day unshowered (keep in mind we had been to Starz, where people unfortunatley smoke) Then of course, the game was just a perfect reminder of how the Auburn season has been.
The saving grace was Leah and I leaving early to get Papa Johns and sitting at my house watching the Real Housewives of Orange County.
For those interested: I finished the first Twilight book and YES I loved it!! I will be reading the rest of them ASAP...and seeing the movie.
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14