Monday, December 1, 2008

Yum/Yuk week

* Title, compliments of Meg for the term "yum yuk" used mainly to describe a food you can't decide if you like or not ex: lime tortilla chips*

Thanksgiving was great in Dothan, a tradition for my mom to have as many people as possible over to eat. Its always a great time with great food. (Yum) I'm looking forward to the 2008 Hoedown that will be held December 20th in honor of Christmas.

Skip ahead to Friday, where my hubby and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to use our gift certificates from the wedding. It was awesome. We were very efficient in choosing. We ended up with new barstools, trashcans, mirror for the mantle, curtains, and more. We STILL have money to spend too. That felt like our Christmas. Then, we went to my favorite place ever- P.F. Changs for dinner to celebrate my b'day. Of course it was wonderful. (YUM again) However, the best part of the night was when we headed to our favorite place, Starz karaoke for a singing good time. As I'm pullin up a sad little table for just Brent and I, he looks at me and says "By the way, I've planned a surprise party for you and about 15 people will be here soon. HOW SWEET!!! And they did. It was so much fun and definately a surprise! Brent is the best husband ever and I have the best friends ever. Thanks to all that got to come!! (YUM again)

Skip ahead a few hours to the Iron Bowl. AKA Iron Bowl of Doom. (the YUK) I actually named it this before the game ever started. Horrible day all around. I rode from B'ham to Tusc with my friends Leah, Matt, and Katie. Traffic was crazy of course and then we were going to stop at my house so I could shower. Well, it wasn't until we are in our driveway, truck popped open, that I realize I dont have my key to get in..its with Brent back in Birmingham. So, I had to spend the rest of the day unshowered (keep in mind we had been to Starz, where people unfortunatley smoke) Then of course, the game was just a perfect reminder of how the Auburn season has been.

The saving grace was Leah and I leaving early to get Papa Johns and sitting at my house watching the Real Housewives of Orange County.

For those interested: I finished the first Twilight book and YES I loved it!! I will be reading the rest of them ASAP...and seeing the movie.

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Call sometime! Will I be seeing you the 21st??

Emily Chappell said...

Hooray for Brent! What a sweet hubby!

And I'm glad you have been reading. :) They are good, huh??

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14