Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Eh..

For lack of nothing better to post about, I just thought I would send out a little update. We still have no A/C. They are coming out on Thursday. Its a million degrees outside. I still have no camera either so no pictures. I am a firm believer that a blog without pictures is just boring.

In Baker news, he has moved up to a new class at school! I feel super sad about it mainly because he has started having separation anxiety from us. When I leave him to go out of a room or when I would leave him after lunch he has "come-aparts". Its just so bittersweet. I don't want him to cry of course but I love knowing he loves us and is aware of his surroundings now.

I feel like this is his most fun age. He is crawling everywhere and standing by himself for at least 30 seconds or so. If we hold his hands he picks up one foot at a time like he knows how to walk. So, I think we are getting very close. Most of all, his personality is really coming through. He has discovered some very odd noises and grunts that he uses often for our entertainment. If we laugh, he keeps going. He totally gets that. Its so funny to see them learn.

He has started waving "bye bye" if we ask him to.

He wears shoes now. My favorite are his "Pedipeds". If you don't have these, I recommend them for up and coming walkers. They are supposed to encourage walking. They advertise "the next best thing to barefeet" which barefeet is supposed to be best for them to learn to walk. (www.pediped.com)

The last few weeks I have been obsessed with Baker's 1st Birthday (Oct. 21) which in turn has caused me to be obsessed with finding him a cute Halloween costume. In looking on Pottery Barn Kids I see costumes for between $45-$50. Are they kidding me? They wear them once or twice for maybe an hour. I just cannot justify this at all. Its not like he can wear it again next year. So, EBAY, we meet again. I got a little bit crazy and bid on 4 costumes. WHY would I do this? I won 2. So, Baker will be a "chicken" and "Dumbo" this year. I know we will go to our church Fall Festival and then trick- or- treating. They were not expensive. Thanks Ebay!


6 comments:

taylor said...

Love the dumbo! So cute!

Emily said...

I love Dumbo too!!! So cute.

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Ok, so now that you have an excuse to trick or treat again, we are going to have to find some way to live in the same town so our kids can have the same Halloween experience that we had. I'm thinking by the time they are 5we should have this ironed out.

It's Halloween and I'm hear to say, bust me some candy right away.

Beth

lindseykennedy said...

Love it Beth! True, very true. I still heart Halloween a lot! Maybe if you are around, you can come trick- or- treat with Baker Man this year. He would love to see his Aunt Beth.

Holly Amburgey said...

Love the costumes!!

Jessica said...

thanks for the reminder about ebay! i need to check out those costumes too - can't wait to do a little trick-or-treating!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14