Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Project Christmas




This year I am in Christmas spirit overdrive. Kids add so much to the all around Christmas excitement. So, in an effort to document our December of 2011, I am doing my own little blog project. Its no "December Daily" as I have seen some people do with the scrapbook and so on,but its an online scrapbook so I will be forced to take pictures of the everyday/mundane/Christmas activities for this month. We shall see what happens.

I realize it is the 6th and I have some catching up to do. So, I will attempt to show you what we've been up to thus far.
Baking CookiesI was a little surprised at how much Baker "helped" with these. He did a great job cutting out the shapes. Once the decorating began he was the resident "eater" but before that he was pretty skilled.


Playing with all of the toys: Enjoying having toys EVERYWHERE since we are still in our rental house so nothing has a "place". Don't get used to it buddy.
Singing: We have been doing a lot of singing. Bake loves to belt out a tune he has learned. Some favorites are: Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee, Old McDonald, Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider and my personal favorite is a song I have no idea about. He must have learned it at school but it sounds something like "Maggie's House, Ding Dong Ding Dong". No clue.
Feeding Ducks
Saturday we visited a pond in the neighborhood across from us and let me just say, these.ducks.were.pushy. They met us at the car to get their bread and forced us not to come any closer with their quacking and carrying on. I have a new fear of pushy ducks now. We fed them some bread but I didn't even put Baker down because they were not scared of us at all.

and there were LOTS of them!
More Christmas card attempts: None of these made the cut.What is coming up? Well, we have adopted a Christmas Child through our church and I am really excited about it. She is a 4 year old girl named Alyssa. I can't wait to get them all wrapped and given to her dad. I really really can't wait.

We also move into our new house on Saturday!! It is being built right now and we had our first walk through last night. There is still a lot to be done and I'm really not sure how they will get it done in 3 days. Those pictures will come in another December post.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14