Sunday, July 26, 2009

Whats been going on

Lets see...the past few weeks have been great. I went to Fairhope to visit one of my college roommates and friends, Emily. She is 17 weeks pregnant and not feeling very good. I thought it would be fun to hang out with her and chat up the pregnant world. In doing so, I got to see my long-time friend Lucy and her sister Lauren! I haven't seen these girls in probably 5 years. I LOVE when I see old friends and I feel like they haven't changed a bit. These girls haven't changed a bit! I ended up helping them out with a dinner party for this end-of-bible-study-graduation thing. It was WORK. 3 of the 5 workers were pregnant too so it made it even harder. It ended up being fun though and I know we really helped them out, which was rewarding.

Last weekend I went to Gulf Shores for a Family Girls trip. My mom, grandmother, aunts, and cousins all went and we had fun. We went out to the beach, took a few boat rides, went to eat at Wolfbay, and just talked. I did not visit the Florabama this round. I saw a few pics from this trip and got very sad about the size of my body so I will not be posting pictures. In fact, you probably won't see any belly pics of me. I guess I am not one of those posters. For some reason I still don't find it "cute" on me. I'm really not dealing well with the gaining LOTS of weight thing.

The most exciting thing right now is the baby's room! We put the french doors in this weekend and I've bought all the bedding and a rug. It's really coming along. Now, all I have left is the chandelier and decor. The walls are very bare so its not super cute yet. I do love the bedding though. Its a "transportation" theme complete with hot air balloons, sailboats, airplanes and so on. I really wish I had done before and after pics of this room. It has come soooooo far. It was a playroom with worn out carpet, pink walls (that needed re-painting) broken blinds and SO much clutter. We have made everything in that room new and clean for Baby J's arrival. Once there is a finished product I will post pictures.

In other pregnant news, he is kicking like crazy now. I feel him all the time and it seems like that happened overnight. The last time I went to the doctor I said "I think I feel movements, but its not for sure yet" and now I am for sure that he wants me to know he's in there. Brent has felt him several times and it really is so neat. Zoe got to feel him too which made her very happy. In general, she is ridiculously excited about the baby. She asks lots of questions and I think she feels like time is dragging by (and so do I).

This coming weekend my college friends are throwing me and 2 other preg friends a baby shower in Auburn! We are staying at the conference center and I'm sure we will eat at our favorite Auburn spots. I haven't seen these girls in a while and the dynamic will def be different with 3 pregnant girls. Our group is not used to this- No "Supper Club"- :(

3 comments:

meredith said...

I hear ya on the whole weight gain thing! I asked my doctor at my last visit if my weight was ok and she said I was right on track. It's just hard when you know you have to gain weight. Dave said my cravings have been food in general. This from the guy who ate all the powdered donuts when I had a craving for them! Hope you are feeling well! We find out what we are having in 3 weeks! Will keep you posted!

~Meredith

Amy Kennedy said...

Ohh that is sooooo fun when you can feel the baby moving! It is really the best feeling ever to know that little baby is going strong in there! Have fun in AU this weekend-I am jealous about all the yummy restaurants-take lots of pictures-can't wait to see what baby J gets-and by the way-it's time for an official name announcement! :)

Emily Chappell said...

PLEASE PLEASE go to the Supper Club, just so you can write about it.

Eat some yummy food for me!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14