Friday, August 7, 2009

Auburn Shower

This blog is a hard one for me for I will be posting pics of my large self for the world to see. I have avoided this for as long as I can, but I really want to tell you about the sweet shower my college friends threw for me, Betsy and Kristin in Auburn last weekend. Two of my college/sorority sisters Betsy and Kristin are also pregnant and they are both having girls and due on the same day (Nov 17th) which is 10 days after me. So, we had a joint shower! We all share a love for AU and miss it like crazy, so it made sense to have it in Auburn.

When we arrived Friday we had dinner at my AU fave, Niffers. I had to get the homemade chips for old time sakes. Niffers really hasn't changed a bit. After dinner we sat on the patio at the AU Conference Center and chatted it up until bed. I won't mention the horrible nights sleep I had sleeping with Kristin. 2 preg girls together in the bed is NOT a good idea.

Saturday we were awoken by the comforting sound of a fire alarm. We had to evacuate in our PJ's and let's just say I don't look good in the mornings these days. So, we decided to get in the car and tour around Auburn since it looks NOTHING like it did when we went there. Its still the best campus there is!

For lunch: AMSTERDAM! 99% of people that went the Auburn were obsessed with Amsterdam, more specifically, the turkey wrap. It was just as I remembered it (thank you honey mustard) We left lunch and swam/sat by the pool for the afternoon. Then it was time for dinner. We wanted a nice place in Auburn and did not realize that these do not really exist anymore. Hamilton's closed, Terra Cotta closed, others were only opened for parties...so, we decided on Ole Auburn Ale House. Ok, I remember this place as a nice restaurant since I remember going before formals and such...well, not so much. Its really a pub with food. We still had a great time, but the food/service was not at ALL what we were expecting.





After dinner, it was time for the shower! Here the girls had decorated their room for the shower and we were seeing it for the first time. It was so sweet. Edgar's cake and cupcakes-nothing to complain about!





In all, it was a wonderful weekend. I miss these girls and I can't wait to get together again.

2 comments:

meredith said...

Linds, you look great!!! I look like a whale and I'm vastly approaching 5 months! Glad you had fun, even if it was in Auburn! We found out we are having a boy too! So excited! I know, way too many exclamation points, but what can you do?

~Meredith

taylor said...

How fun!! What a good idea!
Ya'll all three look fabulous by the way!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14