Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paper Anniversary!

We made it! 1 whole year of marriage. It truly seems like yesterday we were scrambling around in a hurricane to pull off this wedding at American Village. We had so many wonderful people come together to make it happen for us. It went by in such a flash. I felt like the reception lasted 10 minutes. It was a great time despite the weather. I'm sure every girl wishes they could relive their wedding day.

My cousin Claire just got engaged and I've been talking to her a lot about planning. My parents asked me if I had it to do over again, would I just take the money and run and not have a wedding. The answer is NO! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The stress of it all was worth having this one wonderful day with all of our family in friends in the same room.

So, to celebrate in the traditional fashion we decided to do the paper gifts. Brent made me a book of our relationship from day one. He even printed out the cast list from the show (42nd Street) that we met while doing together. It had pictures and mapquest directions and the whole bit. At the end he gave me a "paper" gift certificate to my favorite spa here in town. He knows he can't go wrong with massages and spa pampering! I gave him a subscription to Sports Illustrated since I knew he would love this and never buy it for himself. For the grand finale, I had 2 tickets to the Alabama v. Arkanasas game.

Friday night we went to our special restaurant, Bottega. Then, we stayed at Cobb Lane Bed and Breakfast. It was a unique treat. I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and we both really liked it. It felt like a vacation even though we were only in Birmingham.

Saturday we ate lunch at Chappy's (my favorite) and then went to the dollar movie and stayed for 2 movies since they are only $1. Then we came back to Tuscaloosa and grilled out. Sunday, which was our actual anniversary, we ate a piece of our wedding cake (which was good, by the way) and ate at Cypress Inn Sunday night. It was a great anniversary!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That is the best anniversary celebration ever! You and Brent need to help us out in January plan a good celebration! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!

taylor said...

Happy anniversary!!

Emily Chappell said...

Your paper gifts are way better than ours were!! What a fun weekend! Happy Day!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14