Saturday, October 31, 2009

He's Here!


Well, I spoke too soon on my last post. What are the odds that after my frustrated post about being miserable, I would go into labor that night! I was not dilated or effaced and there was no end in sight. Nonetheless, my water broke Wednesday, October 21st at around midnight. It was a crazy surprise for Brent and I. I had to wake him up for the cliche "My water just broke, we gotta go to the hospital". However, I was having no contractions at all so I thought this might not be it. When we got there, they checked me immediately to see if in fact it was amniotic fluid and it was!! We were having our baby that day! We called my parents right away around 1:00 am and they headed to Tuscaloosa. Since I still wasnt having any contractions and still was not dilated at all, they gave me Pitocin to start the labor process. Luckily, they were willing to give me an epidural as soon as I wanted one which was ASAP. After that, I felt fantastic and just waited around to dilate. After 10 short hours, I still was 0 dilated and 0 effaced and the doctor recommended a C-section. This was not my plan at all, but it wasnt looking like I would get to have him naturally. So, 30 minutes later, Baker Thomas was in this world as handsome and perfect as ever!



These pictures of from Day 2 of his little life and he has already changed so much. We just love him to death and are enjoying every minute. I now understand what "you love them so much it hurts" means. He is just so precious. I am a protective and paranoid mom, but I am hoping I calm down as he gets a little older. He had a few minor challenges (a little jaundice, weight loss and a minor tounge issue) but now he is great and such a good baby. He eats well, sleeps well and rarely fusses unless he is hungry.



We are very thankful for a healthy baby. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks, months and years will be like. Thanks to all of his hospital visitors!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats Lindsey! Baker is beautiful. I'm glad you didn't have to wait those 2.5 extra weeks!

Kellie said...

Congrats - he is beautiful! Glad everything is going well!

Lydia said...

Congratulations! He's absolutely perfect!!

Jeanna said...

Wow, Lindsey he is precious! I am so happy for y'all. So glad he is safely here and 100% perfect. Enjoy him, and do whatever it takes to make him a Tiger! Can't wait to meet him!

meredith said...

Congrats!! He is precious! Can't wait to meet him. We've got 9 more weeks til our sweet boy arrives. Enjoy your time with him!

~Meredith

Amy Kennedy said...

He's so cute! Love those little pictures! We had such a great time visiting last week-we'll be back again soon I'm sure. Give him a big hug and kiss from us!

Anonymous said...

You had a baby?
-Brent

Emily Chappell said...

I love him already. Maybe he could sense your frustration and decided to come on out. I like that idea. :)

Jessica said...

Congrats Lindsey! He's perfect! I hope you are recovering well and that Baker is still sleeping and eating well.

Lauren J. said...

he is beautiful!! enjoy these early moments!!

Kelli said...

Lindsey...He is beautiful! Congratulations!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14