Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3 Weeks!


My sweet baby boy is 3 weeks old today. I am going to be one of those people that says "my how time flies" and it does. Wow, it truly seems like yesterday I was headed to the hospital..and in other ways that feels like centuries ago. Life is much sweeter with this baby in our lives. He might not be able to do much yet, but we are loving the little things. So far, these are things I like and have noticed about Baker.

1. He HAS to have his paci at all times. He sleeps with one in his mouth which is probably a hazard but otherwise, there will be no sleeping.

2. He pees and poops on me all the time, but never on Brent. Perhaps you know who changes him the most. JK Brent. ( this is more in the "noticed" category instead of "like" category.

3. My severe paranoia has subsided a touch. I was overboard with worry for him and after much prayer I have handed that to God and hoping that everyday I have the right amount of concern for him, but not worry. Its certainly more freeing.

4. At the moment he is not as interested in sleeping as I would like him to be. Maybe I should say "sound sleeping". He wakes up very frequently to grunt and strain.

5. Grunting and straining are a huge part of his little day.

6. He smiled at me today. I think it was an accident but I didnt care. I can't wait for him to really smile at us!

7. I LOVE the way he looks and smells after his bath. He is getting more used to the bath but still hates getting out. It must be awfully cold because he freaks out in the few seconds of transition from tub to towel. Sad few seconds.

8. He loves his swing. Its been a great thing to have because he is usually pretty content to sit in it for a while. Thanks Hayes for letting us use yours!

More pics to come!

3 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

The lobster pictures is precious!! Where did you find that little outfit? He is Soooo sweet Lindsey and we can't wait to see him again on Sunday. Time does go by way too fast. Enjoy every day!! Happy 3 weeks little Baker man!

meredith said...

Adorable! I know you are just loving his sweet face! We are on the down hill slide with 7 weeks left!

~Meredith

Holly Amburgey said...

He's your lobster!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14