Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Once upon a time...

When B was a wee little thing, I decided his fingernails were long enough to clip and so out of the box came the baby clippers. Baker Man was a wiggly little fella and made it very hard to accomplish this task. Then lo and behold, the most tragic thing happened...clip goes the skin of the 3rd finger. Baker was so upset and it broke my heart into a million pieces. I had physically injured my baby. It was 100% my fault (well 90% mine, 10% his for being so wiggly) Thus, I am now terrified to clip his nails. Resulting in this:



Fast forward to my little man having a grandiose case of eczema on his forehead. Redness and dryness for days. This must itch...keep in mind the long fingernails. Resulting in this:



Whats a mom to do?

No really, before you call DHR, we went to the doctor yesterday and are well on our way to a non-itchy forehead..I clip what he will let me of his fingernails. Why is this so hard??

3 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Try to do it while he's in the bathtub-that might be easier! That is how I used to do Hayes' b/c that was the only time she was still. Have to work fast though!!

Emily said...

i'm afraid of the clippers, too! This is gross...but I've been biting P's off when he's sleepy.

Carrie said...

I hated clipping Noah's nails. In fact I only did it twice. My sister would do it for me. Because I did the same thing and cut him. And he has the worst the eczema ever and still does. We have to use special bath and creams! I hope sweet Baker Man doesn't continue to have issues. And Em I've had tons of friends who bit the nails. I tried it but I bit him and woke him up. I'm terrible.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14