Monday, January 24, 2011

Fun Weekend

This was a fun "friend" weekend. Since 90% of my friends live out of town I love when they come to Tuscaloosa (or Birmingham) to visit and we can all get together. This particular weekend, our friend Jeremy, who was our neighbor for 2 years in college, had a dinner party/reception for his upcoming nuptials. We are very excited about his engagement to Meredith. Since I took zero pictures at the party, I stole a picture of them from Facebook.


So, this party prompted my 2 Mobile friends, Susan & Kristin to come to town. Kristin has a baby the same age as Baker and they had never met. We have tried in the past and sickness got in the way. So, Kristin and Leah Jane came to Tuscaloosa for the morning and it was great to finally see her in person. She is oh-so precious and sweet. Baker is in a hitting phase (now that the biting is over) so she got some slaps which are always embarrassing, but LJ didnt seem to mind. In fact, it wasnt long before they were "hugging it out". Isn't she pretty?




Then for the grand finale, Holly and Brett were in Birmingham all weekend and we got to meet baby Harper on Sunday. This was the first time 4 of our 5 babies were all together! We wish Elise could have been there but we will do it again.

Baker, Harper, Leah Jane & Thomas (there are 2 more on the way and Elise that is missing)


After this gathering we went to wish Hayes a Happy 2nd Birthday since we missed her party. I didnt take any pictures but B & H were SO happy to see each other. They just squealed and squealed. I really wish our families could have seen them together this time. I'd say it was the first time they mutually enjoyed each other.

And last, I call this picture "These are a few of my favorite things"

Me me me me...."New York and Baker and Onesies and Auburn...."

4 comments:

Carrie said...

He is so cute Lindsey! Just cuter and cuter!

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

okay- first off, I love the pic of Baker in the NY onesie. Precious. Second- I had no idea you blogged! I found your blog when I did a google search for Erin's website. I just mentioned her in a post I wrote and wanted to link to her site or facebook page, and your blog post about her photo shoot with Baker is the FIRST thing that popped up! How crazy is that? And...I owe you a big thank you for letting me look at your photo book. I made one on Shutterfly and ordered 6 copies for the kids grandparents/great-grandparents for Christmas and they LOVED them. I think it might just become a yearly thing since they were such a big hit!

The Rhotons said...

i love them "hugging it out". classic. so cute!

Horne Happenings said...

Lindsey~Our children do kind of look alike. And, you are correct, they are SOOOOO cute. I love Baker's new CHUBBY CHEEKS! The big picture on your header makes him look like a little boy~not a baby. And, is that a haircut? So precious. Call me when you come to Dothan. Tell your mom to ask Anna Armstrong at work how you can get in touch when you are in town.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14