Monday, December 10, 2012

Pete, Advent, Weekend and a Party

We have a Christmas visitor for December, named "Pete". He is our Elf on the Shelf and while he does do silly things, Pete is not as adventurous as some of the elves I see around. I don't really want Pete making a mess that I have to clean up, but he is a fun little December addition to our lives.

 Pete making snow angels
 Pete relaxing on the Foof watching TV.
 A typical weekday morning before school
Polar Express Day at school. Bake got to wear his pajamas. I LOVE pajama days.
 We are still going strong with Advent Calendar. On Tuesday we drew "Dance like crazy to Christmas music" and we did...

 On Wednesday we drew "Watch a Christmas movie as a Family" so Baker and I watched "Elf" since we were the only ones at home that night.

On Thursday we drew "Write a letter to Santa" and it was hilarious. Baker had all kinds of things to tell/ask Santa. I transcribed what he told me to say. Then, he took the marker and "wrote" our letters for us. Hilarious.

Friday we drew "Dinner as a Family", but we took it a step further and took Baker to his first play! TCT did "A Christmas Carol" and Baker sat quietly (excluding very loud whispering) through the whole thing. We were shocked. He really liked it though.

Saturday we drew "Drive around and look at Christmas Lights" however, this one did not happen due to Brent and I having Date Night that night. We did go to Capital Park so that I could take pictures of this sweet couple for their Christmas cards. There are so many rocks, Baker was in heaven.


 On Sunday we drew "Make a Christmas Craft as a Family", so we made Christmas trees out of ice cream cones, icing, M&M's and sprinkles.


 Some of us ate more ornaments that we decorated with.
Only one way to eat the tree..
 Although this is going back in time, I had a wonderful birthday, thanks to my sweet hubs. He took me shopping all DAY and gave me an amont to spend. It was really great. He went to every store with me and was a champ. That night, we met with some friends at Iguana Grill for a birthday dinner. I didn't want to go without posting about this because it was very special.


No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14