Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peace

I am not a writer. I don't really know what prompted me to even talk about this, but I just feel like I need to.

My heart aches for a child, age 3, that passed away on Christmas Eve. A child I never knew at all. The mom is a friend of my cousin, but I keep seeing posts all over Facebook entitled "Remembering Ann Reese" and my heart hurts every single time.

The truth is, I struggle way too often with the thought of losing my child. I can well up with tears at the first tiny thought of that.

If this couple were my friends, I would not have any words of comfort for them. None. They are people of faith, thank goodness, because what would you do if you weren't?

I think this situation, combined with the Sandy Hook tragedy has prompted me to hug Baker a little tighter and kiss him a million more times throughout the day because we are just. not. promised. another. day.

Thank you God for allowing me to appreciate the boring, but not boring- "Peaceful"moments of my life. There may be a time when I long for life to just be what it was and I don't want to take for granted that right now, things are "boring". I'm sure this precious family would give anything for their lives to be "boring" right now.

I just pray that this family continues to find peace in God and that every family out there that has had to experience the loss of a child continues to find peace.

It just hurts. That's all.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ditto. Lindsey's fight prompted these emotions in me and its something I fight everyday. I say "fight" because some days it overwhelms me. I can't read the Anne Resse stuff because its just too close to home. The moment I heard about it, I lost it. I haven't read any more because well...I just can't. You're right though - the hugs and kisses flow and on hard days with kids, those overwhelming thoughts rush in and remind me to be thankful for every moment - even the hard moments.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14