Thursday, June 5, 2008

Holiday World




Melissa, me, and Lee


YEA! HOLIDOG!
I haven't posted in FOREVER because life has been a whirlwind. I have recently gotten a new job in Tuscaloosa and moved here, therefore things have been hectic. Two weekends ago, however I got the pleasure of experiencing "Holiday World" in Santa Claus, Indiana. That was quite an experience. My friend Lee has been talking about this place since the day I met him. He is in a roller coaster club (yes, there is such a thing and i have a friend that is a member- pays dues and everything) So, Holiday World is this fantastic amusement park divided into holidays. There is a Christmas of course, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, and Halloween section. Each section has rides with names, decor, and music in that holiday theme. They have a Santa Claus that roams the park each day as well as the famous "Holidog" mascot. Very cute, and very fun. The important part of our trip was that we got to attend this special event b/c Lee was in the "roller coaster club". So, we got to stay late after the park had closed and ride the roller coasters over and over. There were no lines! The coasters also go back into the woods so its pitch black at night. While we were there a couple actually got married atop "The Voyage" and spent their honeymoon at this event. WOW! ha. Here are a few pics from the trip. I went with friends from theatre in Birmingham.

2 comments:

meg said...

hilarious!

I'm so glad to finally see pics of this place. weird. I hope you bought some holidog's goodies to bring home to remember that once in a lifetime opportunity.

Emily Chappell said...

I really really wish you had a pic of "Holidog." Could you please describe him for me?

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14