Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10 Days and Counting...

As the "big day" approaches I can't help but have worry. Everyone says I am supposed to enjoy this time because it will be the only time...blah blah blah. I just can't help but feel incredibly emotional and stressed. I can't find a trace of enjoyment right now. Now, I completely enjoyed my parties and showers and I must admit I enjoy getting gifts, but all the other things that come along with planning a wedding are not enjoyable to me. Right now, I just want to snap my fingers and it be here. I think the next ten days are going to be the longest EVER! Minus the fact that I still have things to do. I still do not have transportation worked out, including how we are "leaving" the reception. I also dont have the programs started. We came frighteningly close to not having flowers either, but thats a whole other blog.

I have learned that I have irrational fears about this day. My first fear is that we are going to go over capacity that the chapel and barn will hold. I have known how many each would hold from day one which is why I opted to have a "small wedding". Turns out, its really not going to be so small. What if no one can dance b/c there simply isn't room? My second irrational fear is that Brent or myself will get sick. I dont mean, a cold or cough, but some illness that will prevent us from getting up that day. Isn't that crazy?? I need major prayer people. This is the devil.

I guess if you can add some calming words that would be great. I know "it will turn out wonderful" and "at the end of the day you will still be married" and those are really nice thoughts, but that just doesnt seem to ease my stress. I guess I just have to see for myself. Poor Brent and my mother have to catch the brunt of it all. SORRY! It will be here soon.

6 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I hated being engaged... the whole planning part. I would pick fights with Justin just because. So hang in there. You are not the only non-euphoric bride out there. :)

And take some vitamin C and echinacia. That will help you not get sick... Maybe...

Robin said...

Take a deep breath ! Get you some wine and let it all go ! It's all going to work out. Your mom and I have been going over details this afternoon. It will be beautiful. This is all normal for brides..You will be well and beautiful..Trust in the Lord..he will take care of you...Love, Robin

Betsy said...

So funny that you mentioned being scared of getting sick because I had the same exact fear. I just knew Gavin or I would get strep throat. However, I have never seen this happen to anyone so the odds are with you, baby! It's normal to freak out. Being married is so much better so hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!
I can't wait to see pictures from your beautiful wedding. It will be great and when it's over you'll wish you could do it again! Did you ever find out how to do pretty backgrounds on your blog?

Anonymous said...

I love the verse that talks about letting the peace of God rule and reign over your HEART and MIND and I repeat it often when I start to get stressed or overwhelmed. I guess I just like the thought of peace reigning because that means nothing else has a place. I think God loves weddings ( he did his first miracle at a wedding- hello water into WINE ha!!) so I think He gives you extra grace for no sickness and supernatural peace. You just be lindsey who loves to have fun and laugh and I really think that when the doors open and you see Brent nothing else will matter!!

lindseykennedy said...

Great advice everybody!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14