Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Five...or Ten.











Since I did not do "Top Five Tuesday", I have changed it to "Friday Five" for today...except I'm doing ten. ANYWAY, its a stretch, but I am feeling very theatrical today and wanted to share my Top Ten Favorite Broadway Musicals of all time. Ok, this list was very hard to come up with b/c I love so many and I feel bad leaving some out. However, the following are MY favorites as of today.

10. 42nd Street
9. Chicago
8. Cats
7. Miss Saigon
6. Cabaret
5. Avenue Q
4. Thoroughly Modern Millie
3. Les Miserables
2. Rent
1. WICKED!! (of course, this one wins by a landslide)

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm with you on Wicked (even though I haven't seen it yet), Rent, Avenue Q, and Chicago, but I must beg to differ as to Les Miserables and Cats. Cats??? A few catchy songs does not a good musical make. Cats is so weird. Harrumph. Nice idea on Friday Five/ten though. Maybe I'll steal it. Hmmmmm. I'll give you a shout out if I do.

lindseykennedy said...

Bets, I'm sorry but I have seen Cats recently in my adult life and I absolutely LOVE IT! Have you ever seen it? Also, there is alot more to it than a few good musical numbers!

Emily Chappell said...

Hooray for Wicked! It's my favorite, too. Although that is not saying much since i haven't seen a fraction of the shows you have.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14