Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Brent!


My sweet husband turned a year older today! To celebrate, Zoe and I threw him a surprise party at the house last night. Carly had a tennis match, so while he was out of the house, we decorated evertything and baked him a cake. I asked Zoe what kind of music she wanted to listen to while we worked. She was given showtunes only as choices, so she chose "Dreamgirls". She said she had to make banners and posters for him, so she did. We blew up 3,567 balloons and hung streamers. It was really fun. He was very surprised I think.

Now is the paragraph where I tell you some fun things about him. He truly makes me laugh every day. I am so fortunate to have a silly husband b/c it really is necessary for me. We entertain each other with the dumbest things daily. He is very patient with me, and very slow to anger. I think he got this from me (sike). Maybe its the first year marriage and it still being new, but we never want to be away from each other. I really don't want this to wear off.

Tonight we are going to celebrate at Cypress Inn in Tuscaloosa. We LOVE Cypress Inn. I also have some fun presents to give him. I am going to try to take better pictures since I am NOT good at this at all.

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I love that Zoe is totally fine with "showtunes only."

Happy Birthday Brent!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that it is JUST your first year of marriage...I still don't want to be away from Clay! Happy Birthday, Brent. Um, and where are the rest of the 3,567 balloons? I only see 12.

Amy Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday Brent! I'm jealous about the Cypress Inn-I'm sure it was delicious!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14