Monday, April 20, 2009

Life Update

I see that it has been awhile since my last post. For some reason I just havent felt like writing. I think my energy is just down.

Let's see, I'll go back to last weekend, Easter. We went to Dothan for Easter and it was so nice. I love going to Dothan. It feels like a mini-vacation. My parents feed us well and wait on us hand and foot. Its nice to be home.

This past week we went to see Wicked on Thursday night. For anyone that knows me, knows that since I saw Wicked on Broadway in 2004 I have been obsessed with it. It is hands down my favorite musical (and that is huge). The tour production that came through Birmingham did not disappoint. I was amazed again the second time. Now, my favorite actress of all is Idina Menzel who played the original Elphaba on Broadway and who I got the honor of seeing, so of course she is uncomparable. In fact, she won the Tony for her performance in Wicked. Brent had never seen it so I was excited to see what he thought. He loved it too. Its really hard not to.



This weekend we decided to take an impromptu trip to Seaside. Brent and the girls were on Spring Break and Ive been dying to go so we packed up and made the 5 hour drive. It was a short trip, but fun. We ate good food and had a lovely day on the bach Saturday. Sunday was cloudy so we just walked around the Seaside shops. Unfortunately I have zero pics to share because my camera is broken.



As for Baby J, we are moving right along. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday so please say a prayer that everything goes well. I am finally starting to feel ok. I think (crossed fingers) the morning sickness might be subsiding. I havent felt nauseated in a week. THANK THE LORD! We find out what we are having in about 6 weeks or so!

This coming weekend we are going to prom! Brent has to chaperone the Bryant High School prom every year so I get to be his date. I wore a cute dress the last time, but since I am whale-like I will just keep it simple with a boring black number.

4 comments:

Robin said...

There ain't nothing about you girl that is boring ! That is so what I love about you. I can't wait to hear how Baby J is doing....

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing! I'm glad to hear you and Baby J are doing well...I'm thinkin about you and praying for you!

Amy Kennedy said...

So glad y'all had fun at the beach-that sounds like a great trip! Yea for the nausea going away. Hopefully you're at the end of that. Keep us posted on your appt. Thursday-I'll be praying! Love you!

Carrie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!!! And I can't wait to see you at Prom 09! If you had told us eight years ago that we would both be chaporoning Paul W Bryant HS prom..... Isn't life funny?

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14