Thursday, April 23, 2009

Theatre is in the air!

As always, my life is theatrical. I try to surround myself with great musicals because I am very passionate about the theatre. Why I didnt pursue this harder, I will never know. I have always been discouraged I guess b/c of the competition. I have known too many people with the same dream, with more talent and more opportunity that still struggle. I guess I like to eat also.

Anyway, tonight we go see Thoroughly Modern Millie at U of A. I have seen the show once professionally and once that Centerstage did. This show has great music and fun dancing. I haven never seen a U of A show before so Im anxious to see how it is.

Next Thursday we go see Sweeney Todd that Red Mountain is doing. Red Mountain typically does great shows. I've only seen the movie (which I loved)but never the stage version, so excited about that. I know several people in it too so thats always fun.

The girls are auditioning for Sound of Music next week. We'll see how that goes.

Next Friday night is Brent's showcase at Bryant. Brent and I are singing a duet- "Suddenly Seymour" from Little Shop for the showcase. This should be interesting b/c I am not in high school. Also, its a very cliche duet to sing and I have no idea how I will be with it. Maybe I'll get a video so we can laugh.

Coming up in the summer is the possibility of a choreography gig. I have been asked to choregraph A Funny Thing Happend on the Way to the Forum with little rehearsal time. If I'm not 400lbs I would like to do it. This is still up in the air though.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sounds funs - all you're doing - we go to FBC Tuscaloosa by the way - we LOVE it - have a great SS class and lots of friends - would love for ya'll to join us!!!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14