Monday, April 12, 2010

Wedding weekend Part 1

This weekend was my cousin, Claire's wedding in Mobile. It was an overall wonderful weekend. The weather was amazing (quite opposite the weather for my wedding) and having my whole family there for all the festivities was great. We left early Friday morning so I could make the bridesmaids luncheon. We got the CUTEST bags I have ever seen.


Then we checked into our hotel just long enough to get ready for the rehearsal. Brent and I sang in the wedding as well so I had double duty. The rehearsal dinner was at Rock Creek Golf Club in Fairhope. It was also super fun.







Saturday morning we had a semi-spontaneous brunch with friends that moved to Fairhope that we never get to see! Emily brought her baby, Porter. Lucy brought her baby in belly, and Lauren brought her 2 precious kids. Of course, Baker man came too. My parents and Lucy & Lauren's parents came as well as Amy, Nathan & Hayes. So, we had a big crowd and I'm so glad it worked out. It was so great to see them.

Grandmothers with their grandkids






Then it was wedding time. I had just enough time after brunch to get ready for pictures. Sadly, my camera died after these 2 shots of Claire in her wedding dress. So, Part II of the wedding will have to be pics other people send me.





She looked beautiful and I was so happy for she and Chris. It was also one of the most fun receptions I've been too. They had it open to the outside and again, the weather was AWESOME. It overlooked the golf course which made it a great scene. I really hate that I have no more pics of the acutual wedding day, but stay tuned...

As we speak the couple is honeymooning in Jamaica at the same resort Brent and I went to. I am so jealous. It was such a fun place.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Loved being with all of you ! I
t was such fun !!!!

Emily said...

Will you Pleeeeeaaasssse send me the pics?

I also want to see the blue dress.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14