Friday, May 21, 2010

7 months & the 30 day shred!

Today Baker's Dozen is 7 months old!!

We have some new tricks:
STANDING is his big thing now. He can't stand alone, but if he has something to grab onto he will stand forever. It so funny to see those short little legs and that tiny little body standing at the plastic kitchen at church.

These plaid shorts just make me laugh.


I used to put him on my bed in the mornings with a boppy pillow around for extra protection while I get ready in the mornings. This morning he wiggled right out and was at the other end of the bed.

Another new change is his sleeping. He has been a stomach sleeper since about 8 weeks (which is a huge no-no, but don't judge) Now that he rolls all over the place, his position of choice is the back. Who knew? I could have been "safe" all this time. Really though, when he was a teensy thing he would NOT sleep on his back. We are also on a little different sleep schedule. Instead of going to bed at 7, he is now going to bed between 7:30 & 8. He also wakes up around 6 or 6:30am instead of 5:30 am. I will take it.

He doesn't have any teeth yet, but we are working very hard on them. Including knawing so hard on our fingers. Its like he is attacking a rib. In fact, he resembles my brother when he's eating ribs. Amy, you know Nathan loves a good rib.

We no longer take our baths in the blue baby bathtub which kind of makes me sad, but we have replaced it with our inflatable duck bath!!



This bathtub is great because A) if he slides and hits his head, its a very soft inflatable landing. Not to mention the bottom is "cushy" B) there is not a "hump" in the middle which has always bothered him with the other bathtub. C) its so super cute!

The drawback is that he has to go in our whirlpool tub and the leaning over to bathe him versus the bathing at the sink is not as great.


(Sidenote for frugal moms like me: Target brand diapers are the bomb. I was scared they would leak, but they have not for us. A box of 96 is $13.09 at Target. Sold!)

Happy 7 months baby boy! You are growing way too fast for me. I need you to stay sweet and cuddly forever. Please.

In other news, I am taking on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.



The first workout I did with 5 lb weights. HUGE mistake. I should have used nothing the first time b/c it kicked my butt. Thankfully, I am now using 3 lbs and no longer sore. Its pretty tough though. According to Jillian I will lose 20 lbs in 30 days...hmm, I have my doubts. Especially based on the cinnamon roll I just ate.

2 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

7 months old today! And he looks so much older in those top 2 pictures. Love the plaid shorts on him. And Baker your Uncle Nathan will be more than happy to show you how to eat some ribs-they'll be much tastier than those little fingers!! haha! Hope that tooth/teeth come in soon for you. Y'all have a good weekend-what did you decide about the zoo? We can go on Sunday!!

The Griffins said...

Bakes is a cutie. I am jealous you are out and about in the pool....this weekend we drove 5 hours south to see some sun...do some fishing and be outside with LESS clothing on.
Goodluck with Shred...i have heard it's awesome.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14