Monday, March 21, 2011

17 months and a trip

My sweet, precious, opinionated, hilarious baby is 17 months old today. Man, I love him.


We do not give him enough credit for how smart he is. He reminds me daily though. For example: The dishwasher was opened and empty. He picks up the silverware tray (empty) and then goes over the the silveware drawer and points at it as if to say "Shouldnt there be some of those in here?" I had no idea he knew where we got the silverware from.


So, in honor of his 17 months, we are going to DISNEY! Not really for his birthday, but wouldn't it be neat if we could do that for random birthdays? Anyway..here is the deal.


Glenn, Beth and Izabelle are living in Orlando until May and have graciously invited us to come stay. We really didnt think we could find a weekend until the end of May (sadly) that we were completely free, except this coming weekend. So, no time like the present, eh? We're doing it!


So, we are going from Thursday to Sunday. With a baby, we knew it wouldn't be wise to try to visit several parks so we decided to pick one. Animal Kingdom. Plus we want to be able to hang out with G, B & I as much as possible too.







I've been to Disney several times, but never Animal Kingdom. We think Baker will enjoy it the most because of the animals and such. It just so happens that I work with a guy who worked at Animal Kingdom and got us free passes! YIPPEEE!! I am pretty cheap so this almost free trip sounds AWESOME!


We shall see if the 8.5 hour drive will be easy with a toddler..ha.ha.ha. No worries I have my priorities straight. DVD player bought specifically for this trip- check. Carseat tray bought specifically for this trip- check. New toys- check. Bendadryl- check. (jk..or am I?)


In not as exciting news: The weekend was nice with the hot weather. Zoe got a HUGE inflatable beach ball that you connect to a hose and it squirts water out all directions. Baker laughed then cried, laughed then cried and it was over. Great for Zoe, not for Baker.


He did drive us around all weekend.



And last, I made something. Be very impressed.


Shirt- Hobby Lobby- $2.99

Iron ONLY applique- $3.00

However, they suggest adding a stitch around the edges anyway if you plan to wash it. Come on! Whats the point in "IRON ONLY" if I have to stitch it too?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Nice work on the shirt, lady! I need to look into that. No-Sew sounds like something I could handle! I hope you guys have fun on the trip. I'm sure B will do fine in the car. AL always does better on long trips than she does running around town. Smart move with the DVD player. Safe travels! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Baker is going to LOVE the animal kingdom – can't wait to see pictures! Have a great time:)

Molly F said...

That's hilarious...totally agree about the iron on...stitch? no way! :)

Amy Kennedy said...

I am impressed w/the shirt! I need some lessons! So excited about the trip for y'all. Baker will love seeing all the animals. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Miss you!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14