Monday, March 14, 2011

Down by the river on a hanky pank...

We had a lovely little country Saturday this weekend, filled with family, four wheelers, fires, seafood, beer, boats and yeah..thats what it was.

I have a lot of fun with my extended family and I love that we still get together with aunts/uncles/cousins because once you get older I could see how easy it would be to stop getting together since we are starting our own families. There are 8 grandkids on my mom's side and Nathan and I are the only ones with kids yet. My grandmother (Honey) has a birthday in March and so do some cousins so we met at the "farm", which is down by the river, for a good time.
My grandparents have about 500 acres in Autaugaville and a place right there by the river bank. I remember going there some as a child, but we didn't go much. My uncle now redid some things and made it their place and my other uncle put his own trailer next to it. Don't worry, some things will never change...like the patio furniture.


I have to admit I had a few nightmares beforehand about taking a 1 year old because of the drop off into the river...

Me, Anna, Abby & Jamie



Nightmare #2- Guns. The guys (and girls) on this side of the family are not afraid to hunt or shoot a gun. I am TERRIFIED of guns. I knew they would have them out (and they did) and Baker does not know about gun safety yet.


Nightmare # 3- Dogs. Now, I am not totally afraid of Baker being around big dogs, but there were 6 dogs there between everyone and most of them are big. You just never know when a dog will snap at a curious toddler.

So anyway, I basically never left Baker's side and it was fine. He had a ball!



If you look closely, you can see B Dozen chit chatting with Jamie.




Hayes was there too! Whats great about this picture is that we have a similar picture when Claire and Cameron were this age, I was 3, with our Grandaddy in this very same chair. Priceless.



Anna likes to tell stories...



We had a TON of crawfish and other fixins. I didnt realize at a crawfish boil, you basically eat "trough style". It was fun.


All the girls
Brent was cold so he wore his hood and everybody kept saying he looked like a drug dealer. For the record, he is not.

I rode a four-wheeler for the first time since high school when my neighbor Jason had one and my parents would make me wear a helmet. I was always so mad that they made me wear a helmet, but as I was riding I thought "Baker will be wearing 3 helmets and bubble wrap. Good call parents.
It was another great time with family. I hope we still get together when all my cousins have kids. Right now I don't think they understand why its hard to bring babies around..

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14