Thursday, March 8, 2012

Healthy

Judging by my last two attempted Pinterest recipes, you would think I am on a health kick, but I am not. I have just been intrigued by two things lately that I want to try and they are both blog worthy.

First, I don't want to over sell this, but this Pinterest find is truly a gold mine to me. Its a Weight Watchers lemon cake recipe. I discovered my lemon obsession when I made some lemon cake balls last summer so this recipe called to me. It has 3 ingredients. Are your ready?


1 Box of lemon cake mix
20 oz. Diet 7-Up
1 tub of Cool Whip

That.is.it. Each serving is only 1.5 weight watcher points! If anything it was too easy not to try.

I made this last night and I was skeptical the whole time. I thought it was too much liquid, I thought it would never cook right. the batter was too thin, etc...However, once it has cooled it was amazing! AND LOW FAT/CAL!

Its so moist and tastes kind of buttery. Brent and I both went back for more. If you like lemon stuff, give it a try.

Second thing was a bit more of a stretch for me. Have you heard of the Green Monster Smoothies? They are supposedly super healthy. Enriched with tons of vitamins, fiber and protein. I was so intrigued by the fact that this smoothie has TONS of spinach, yet tastes like a milkshake. I had to try it for breakfast this morning.

They blog was right, it does not taste healthy at all. You CANNOT taste the spinach at all either. I won't go on and on about the smoothie as I did the cake, but it was still very good and very filling. Perfect if you don't eat enough greens (like me) in your daily life.



1 frozen banana (peel and cut before freezing)
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup Vanilla Chioban greek style yogurt
1 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze milk
4 cups Spinach

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.

Brent was totally grossed out by it this morning. I made him taste it. He did. He said it was "ok" but I think he just couldn't get passed all the spinach. I drank all of it so it was better than ok to me. It tasted like a peanut butter smoothie or milkshake. One thing I will do next time is make sure the spinach is blended well because I left too many bigger pieces which was hard to get passed I think.

I will definitely be making this again. People are calling it their "best kept diet secret".

350 Calories 10 g fiber 21 g protein.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14