Monday, March 5, 2012

The Mundane

We had a great weekend, although nothing outrageous or exciting happened. Sometimes mundane is good. So, a few things...

We got to visit with Nathan, Amy, Hayes, Watson, Shug and Daggy on Saturday afternoon. I didn't take my camera, but we had a fun little afternoon.

I bought a new clock at Hob Lob a few weeks ago and I love it. I'm trying to make all of my purchases in 2012 either used, refurbished, consigned or with a coupon. I've had great luck so far. This clock was 50% off so it totally counts.



The bathtub line-up. Once each toy is placed strategically on the sides, I give the toy a personality (unless they already have one. for ex: Buzz Lightyear always says "To Infinity and Beyond") and then the toy jumps into the tub. This happens nightly.


And some "before church" photos...




Something to note from the weekend that was not mundane, but incredibly funny. Bake got a very late start to his nap on Sunday and apparently he was delirious. So, he started to spout off all the information he had in his head..at random. We watched/listened through the monitor for an hour. It was Sunday entertainment at its finest. Some things overheard from the bed were:

"I need your help Mommy, I need your help" (as one leg hung over the bed) this was said at least 25 times
"Save me Buzz Lightyear, save me!"
*singing in a soprano voice* "I'm a COOOWWWW, MOOOOOOO. I"m a COOOOWW, Moooo"
"Licorice, get down *CLAP* (Lic was not in his room)
"I'll be right back. OK! I'll be right back. OK!"
*walking tiger across the bed* "Walk, walk, walk walk"

We have never had trouble with afternoon naps so this was just so random and it literally lasted for an hour until he finally fell asleep. One statement more bizarre than the next.
This is my favorite age for sure.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hilarious pre-napness. Love it!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14