Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dresses and Singing

Yesterday was an exciting day for me. My sweet friend Beth went with me to look for a wedding dress. You can tell she has done this many times with other friends b/c she was a complete pro. I went to pick her up and she had a present for the day. It was a present log book for the gifts we will get for the wedding. What a great gift and so unexpected. We had planned to look at 3 or 4 places but only ended up getting to go to one b/c of my Into the Woods rehearsal. However, we were very productive at the one store. I can't go in to detail about the dresses I have in my "yes" pile, but I definitely found some that were keepers. I am still going to other places so I can make sure I am completely sold on the dress. However, it was a great start and alot of fun. Thank you Beth for being such a big help and doing it willingly! I would describe the dresses, but obviously Brent reads this blog and well...I can't.
Next on the wedding front- meeting the caterer tomorrow. I'm also meeting the photographer on Wednesday. Im glad things are moving right along.
Brent and I sang today at my grandmother's church in Prattville. We had to be there at 7:45 and for those of you that know me, I have a rather wraspy voice and the mornings don't really help. So, I was very afraid I couldn't squeak out the notes that early, but surprisingly my voice cooperated today. You really never know with mine. We also sang at the second service. My grandmother was so excited and proud and it made it all so worth it. We spent the night with them on Saturday night and got to visit alot with Honey (as I call her). My grandaddy got to come for the first service which was a nice surprise. His back is usually too painful to sit through anything. My cousin Abby and her boyfriend Jack even drove from Auburn to see us too. It was a very nice day.

4 comments:

meredith said...

Stay away from David's Bridal!!! It is not a good experience. I had to get my bridesmaid dresses there because all my bridesmaids lived out of town. However, they do have some nice inexpensive dresses. Mine came from The Carriage House in Homewood. That was a very pleasant experience and Hayley was a delight to work with and is even from Dothan! Good luck! The first dress I tried on was the one!

Amy Kennedy said...

I'm so excited about wedding progress! I know the dresses you picked out are beautiful. Yea Beth for being a great assistant! Can't wait to go next weekend with you to look.

Emily Chappell said...

1. What happened to the perfect dress in Fairhope?
2. I hate I missed the morning voice performance. I would have driven to Prattville for that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout out! I had a wonderful day, thank you for letting me go, even though the O'Carr's in Hoover was a bit strange... I want everyone to know that our LK is going to be one beautiful bride!!!

Beth

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14