Monday, February 4, 2008

Sad News..

I could not get the surgery. My eyes are just too bad. Basically my left eye has scarring over part of the cornea and lasik would not help it. The right eyes is so bad that the surgery could not correct it. So, my only option would have been to get an implantable contact lens (ICL) put in the right eye only. Its much riskier than lasik and since this was my one "good eye" I opted not to do it. Plus, since Im going to have to wear a contact in the left eye forever anyway, might as well wear one in the right. Its a disppointment but not a surprise. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers though. It just wasn't meant to be.
On a positive note Brent was so sweet. I went to Tuscaloosa yesterday to watch the Super Bowl with him and he had a cute "game plan" for each quarter of the game. One was for me to look in the pantry and he had gotten a dozen roses! He's so sweet. I am very lucky!

2 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

Huff puff, I am very sorry. I really really am.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I hope, in some small way, the ice cream helped. :-)

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14