Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm starting to get nervous...

As trivial as this seems, I am starting to get nervous about my lasik consultation tomorrow. I've already blogged about lasik, but I am driving to Dothan today and have my consulation tomorrow at 8 am to see if I can get it done. I am WAY more nervous that they will say I can't have the surgery than the actual surgery itself. I've been wearing these glasses for over 2 weeks and I remember why I got contacts in the first place. Glasses are very annoying. They constantly get smudges on them and I find myself having to wash them with soap 5-6 times a day. They fall down on my nose so I have to do the "nerd push" on the bridge. Then there's the mornings when I have to get ready. Its impossible to put on eye make-up with glasses on, so I have to take them off. Seems like this should not be an issue, BUT I am so blind that I cannot really see to put on eyeliner. I have to close that eye and only use one. Not exaggerating, I have been "guessing" where to put the eyeliner for two weeks. Add to that my eyes are just not used to being this free. They feel very heavy/lazy and I want to close them all the time. Last, but not least when I am at the gym and doing "strenuous" activity I guess my head swells b/c it makes my head hurt to have on the glasses. So, I take them off- lets remember how blind I am. I cannot see faces whilst on the treadmill so I pray that someone I know doesnt walk by and wave, b/c I could not see who they are. Thankfully, I don't know many people at my gym. Ok, thats my very uninteresting spill on glasses and the fact that Im very hopeful about lasik. It will all be over soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I wear my glasses (the one armed ones) my eyes are so heavy and tired too! I thought it was in my head! I could never work out in glasses! What a trooper! Good luck at your consult!

your fellow four eyes,
Beth

Emily Chappell said...

I am feeling your pain. My fingers are crossed!

Robin said...

You go girl..Get rid of those pesky things. Mrs. Robin

Lucy and Jason said...

I'm really having a laugh over the head swelling comment. Too funny, I hope the consult goes well. LUCY

meredith said...

So, how did the consult go? I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went!

Meredith

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14