Monday, January 7, 2008

Omelette in a bag!

If you haven't tried the omelette in a bag out of fear, fear no longer! This little gem has become a staple breakfast item at my house. It's soooo easy. First you get a ziploc bag- Then crack 2 eggs into the bag. Add some cheese and any other favorite omelett ingredients. I like ham and onions as well. I also aad a tad of milk for fluffiness. Then, close the bag and "smush" all the ingredients up making sure to break the yolk. I would recommend allowing some air in the bag too so it will float. Now, bring a pot of water to a boil. I would put quite a bit of water in the pot too. Once its at a rolling boil (and not before) drop the bag into the water. Watch for a minute to make sure its floating on the top and then go about your business. Now, online it says they take 5 minutes but I have never seen an omelette cook faster than 13 minutes. Now, you can watch it and make sure its done, but for the most part it takes 13 minutes. When you open the bag, a perfect omelette slides right out and I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! That sounds good. I think I will try that. I also think I should be included in a Blog. I love ready your blog!!

#1 joneskennedy reader,
Bef (as in "here it is")

Betsy said...

It's an O in a B! I can DEF vouch for the deliciousness of the bag omelette. I would like to add, if I may, that with this process you can make a whole bunch of perfect omelettes at once if you have a big enough pot of water. Yay!

Emily Chappell said...

I have never even heard of this, but i will def give it a try. Does it come out square?

Anonymous said...

We love these too! I just told Alyssa about them and she's making them tonight for supper-thanks for the yummy idea!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14