Friday, January 4, 2008

Ok, its official....

I have a staring problem. In addition to how germaphoby I am, I have discovered my "not so new" addiction to staring. I wish I didn't and I realize its really rude to blatenly "get in" somebody's conversation but I just love to see strangers in their own habitat. I also like to notice how different people are. I LOVE to overhear someone else's conversation and observe their kids. I thought everyone did this. Apparently not so much. Let's be honest, when you catch someone staring at you it is NOT comfortable. Hypocritically, I usually look back at them so they know I am on to them. I also thought I had the gift of being able to stare and people and them not realize it, enabling me to stare for hours if I wanted to. Again, this is not true. They just arent as confrontational as I am with the "stare back" method. If they did, I would stop. I felt I had the "fly on the wall" way about me. I also am in a contest to see how many times I can use quotations in this blog.

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

Get some dark sunglasses. That always helps. :)

Betsy said...

Interesting. I have never noticed you staring, but I totally agree. Observing strangers interact in their "natural habitats" is fascinating. After that I usually pet them or throw food at them.

Robin said...

girl,
i have a problem of looking at what people buy at the grocery. I think we might be certified as crazy! Mrs. Robin

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14