Tuesday, April 8, 2008

THE BATHROOM IS FINISHED!!

We are so excited that we finally finished re-doing the bathroom! I wish I had before pictures, but sadly I do not. I can describe the "before" though. There was vertical striped wallpaper in shades of white, green, and burgundy. It was peeling off in places and just not up to date. (Sorry B, but it just wasnt) So, we had the wallpaper stripped (after trying ourselves and completely giving up) and then painted it a brown color. We saw several flaws after painting so we thought we could go back and "texture" the walls with a light color by sponging it on. It worked like a charm and this is the end result. I bought some new towels, rugs, plant and pretty candleabra (sp?) We think it looks fabulous!





6 comments:

meg said...

you are a natural at texturing!

Robin said...

Looks like you have your mothers talents and eye for decorating. Robin

Holly Amburgey said...

Looks good. I too have some candy striped wall paper and I am dreading taking it down. I think I could maybe do some texture - good idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous!!!!

Beth

Amy Kennedy said...

Wow! That bathroom look SO good. I'm so impressed w/your handy woman skills these days.

Susan said...

the bathroom looks great!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14