Monday, April 28, 2008

Answer me this...

I have been racking my brain since the introduction of blogs as to why some comments require you to type in a secret code/letters. WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT DOES IT PROTECT? Is it to protect us from identity thieves? If so, why couldnt that thief type in those letters theirselves? I might feel really dumb once someone tells me, but for now I jsut can't figure it out. Also, why are those letters sometimes super hard to read and I actually get the "password" wrong and have to try again...Again, what is the point of this?? Very annoying to me. On a happy note, Monday is almost over.

4 comments:

Holly Amburgey said...

I believe this is done so computers or other non human things can't post comments. Having to type in the password ensures that only a human is commenting. Same thing applies when you order tickets online or for some banking sites. It helps security.

Robin said...

haven't a clue.I can't wait until the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very good question and one I have thought about many times, especially when I get the word wrong. HAVE FUN at your first shower! Yay~

Susan said...

"Unfortunately because of an increase in spammers leaving bogus comments on the blog, I have had to take the dreaded step of adding word verification to the comments."
Found this answer on someone's blog.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14