Saturday, May 3, 2008

What a wonderful day!

Getting married is so much fun!! Or I guess the process of being engaged and having everyone around you shower you with presents even though you already have the best present of all...someone to spend the rest of your life with. Today was my first wedding shower at the home of one of my favorite people in the whole world, Robin Brookshire. She has just made such a fuss about me being engaged and then graciously offered to host a shower at her house. There were 8 hostesses, all SO sweet and helpful. The place looked so beautiful with the flowers and wonderful food. I just couldn't help but feel immensly blessed to have people so willing to do something so nice for me. I got several great gifts that I can't wait to use. I'm very excited to have fulfilled alot of my china too! Both of my grandmothers got to come which means alot since I know both of them made a special sacrifice to be there. We had a great turn out and I just couldnt have asked for a better day! I truly am grateful, and I didnt realize what a humbling experience this would be. Stay tuned for pictures....

1 comment:

Emily Chappell said...

I would say 43 presents in one day is "wonderful."

So glad I got to come!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14