Thursday, May 8, 2008

Can you imagine?

Brent is directing Damn Yankees right now at Bryant High School and has had a VERY hard time getting the cast to cooperate. I'm really not sure why and I think he is baffled. They have one rehearsal left and I'm pretty sure several people dont know some of their lines. When I was in HS, Mr. Sirmon would have literally killed us if we didnt have the show perfect by now. I know its not Brents fault b/c I know he has yelled, threatened, bribed and none whatever it took to make them care...and they just don't. The scariest part was that two night ago he really thought the lead girl was going to quit and asked me if I could learn the part in 3 days. Can you imagine trying to learn all the lines, songs and blocking in 3 days?? Not to mention i have a full time job and a couple hundred thank you notes to write. Anyway, I think she has hesitantly stayed around (thank you Lord) and I dont have to perform a miracle. Of all the shows I've seen, been in, and memorized the soundtracks to, Damn Yankees is not one of them. I am ready for it to be over for B's sake though. just 1 more rehearsal B!

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I think you would be a good damn yankee...

Betsy said...

Yikes - hang in there B!

Robin said...

Tell Brent you are a diva bride to be these days and you can't fit in Damn Yankees into the schedule until after the honeymoon. Loved your thank you note. YOu are specail to me. Mrs. Robin

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14