Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandaddy

It has been a weekend of extremes. First, my grandfather passed away last Tuesday and his funeral was in Prattville Friday. He has been physically going down for years and just recently had to have heart surgery. He just never could bounce back from the surgery and stayed in the hospital for 8 weeks before his digestive system shut down. The blessing was that he didnt suffer for long and he never had to live in a nursing home and never was "off" mentally. I am very greatful for the impact he had on my life. He was there for every play, recital, football game, holiday ect that I had. He loved his family more than anything. He has 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. My dad gave the euology and did a great job capturing the essence of Grandaddy. He was anything but boring and we have several moments and memories that will live on forever.

Honey & Grandaddy (Thanksgiving 2009- thanks Amy)


He would want his family to celebrate his life and we did back at their house after the funeral.

Mom, Dad & Baker Man



Dad, Claire & Baker Man

Abby & Baker Man

My cousin Daniel and his fiance with Baker & Hayes


The other extreme is the surprise 30th Birthday Celebration I went to for my dear friend, Kristin Mahtani, in Atmore, AL on Saturday. New post to come with pictures from the party. We were able to keep the secret since September! Its been a long wait for this party. She of course was floored and bawled when she saw all 40 of us in the ballroom! We even made her a scrapbook from college days. Pictures and more details on the party to come...

2 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

I can't wait to hear all about the party. And 40 people? Wow!! I know she loved it. Those pictures are great from Prattville!! HILARIOUS picture of Daniel!! Was he doing that face on purpose?! And Hayes looks thrilled in his arms!! Yes your dad did a fantastic job at the funeral. I thought the whole day was great and just what your Grandaddy would have wanted!!

Horne Happenings said...

Lindsey, I am so sorry about your grandfather. I will keep your family in my prayers. I am glad I came across your blog. Baker looks just like Nathan. I have visited their blog as well. Such a beautiful family. Allison says Amy is a sweet as she is cute. Undoubtly you all were sorority sisters. I would love to get together as well. If you are in Dothan, maybe we can introduce Baker and Reagan!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14