Thursday, October 7, 2010

Easy Recipes

I rarely post recipes because I just don't consider myself a "cook" but if it is easy, I am all about it. These are a few of my "tailgate" favorites since we seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Seriously easy.

Mexi-Dip

1 lb ground beef
2 8oz. packages cream cheese
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can rotel (Lime & Cilantro flavored)

Brown meat and add to pot. Turn pot on Medium heat and add both cream cheeses. Stir until cream cheese has melted in with the meet. Add corn and rotel. Mix until all are heated well.

I think its best served with fritos, but tortilla chips are good too. Its SOOO good to me!

Heath Bar Cake Cookies

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
chocolate chips (amount is flexible)
heath bar toffee pieces (amount is flexible)

Now, I kind of made this up, but it totally works and they are delicious. I got the cake mix cookie recipe online but you can add whatever candy you want to the cake/cookie mixture. I have also used M&Ms and loved those as well.

Mix cake mix, oil and eggs together in a bowl. It will have a cookie consistency, not cake. Once it is all mixed well (will be very thick) add the chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Spoon out small amounts onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Sometimes the bottoms of these will get browner than the rest so be aware of this and don't leave them in too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum! i'm definitely trying the dip:) thanks!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14