Thursday, October 21, 2010

Two birthdays are better than one!

Today marks the birthdays of my two favorite boys! Baker is ONE and Brent is much older than that! Insert cliche: To say this year has flown by is an understatment. It really really does!


I realized this year is the start of finding a way to make both boys feel special on the same day. Its been harder than I thought.

So, this morning we both got up with Bake and turned the lights to sing Happy Birthday (at 5:40 am) and this is what we got:


Then, we opened up all of our presents. (Brent wouldn't let me take his picture)


I made pancakes and bacon for them and put a candle in Brent's. Last night I made pumpkin cupcakes for both of them. I sent some to school for Baker's class party and Brent can take his to the cast tonight for the opening of SECRET GARDEN.

I also hung my banner that I made back in July maybe??



I hope they both have a great day! We have Baker's party on Saturday and I am very excited about it. Although, it has been really hard getting it all together the same week that SG opens. Especially since I am going to the show tomorrow night!

Baker received this little guy in the mail on Friday from Hank & Regina! He is very enjoyable. He sings "Im a pretty pony, clippity clop, clippity clop" and neighs. He also comes with a brush for his mane. This makes me laugh alot to think of brushing a stuffed horse's mane.









Look out for my next post about Baker's year...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Bday, Baker! I love his face in the crib - like what in the mess is this? It stinks to be 1! haha! I hope the party goes well and that the tigers will win just for little Baker Man!

Holly Amburgey said...

Happy Birthday to Baker and Brent! Hope you all have a great weekend.

Amy Kennedy said...

Happy, happy birthday to Baker AND Brent! I hope they both had the best day! Love all the pictures and the banner looks great. We can't wait to celebrate w/y'all on Saturday!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14