Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I can't pinpoint why, but I just love the silliness of it all. I love the decorations and costumes (although now I really prefer not to dress up) Every year I would trick-or-treat with Beth in Chapelwood (Dothan) and it was the most fun! In fact, we made up a chant and would sing it at each house...I'm actually embarrassed about the chant, so I won't share.


This year, the awesome city of Tuscaloosa would not decide on a night for trick or treating, so they said we could choose Saturday or Sunday. This was stupid for several reasons. Anyway, we decided to wait until Sunday. Saturday night we had TONS of "treaters" at our house which I felt was a bad sign for going on Sunday.



I forgot to mention that Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch in Vance, Al and it was something. By something I mean, hilarious. Let's just say part of our admission included a "pumpkin tattoo". Really?? I took zero pictures, because Erin went along with us to take Baker's 12 month pictures. She got some really good ones, so I'll save that for another post.



Here are some of the cute one's from our trick-or-treating. Bake had no idea what was going on, but was good the whole time and never complained. We brought his wagon to haul him, his candy and his diaper bag. Zoe went with us too!





Suited up and strapped in the wagon





The first 2 houses we got to said "Oh, sorry we ran out of candy last night. Our neighborhood did Halloween last night" which immediately put me back on my soapbox about why Tuscaloosa should PICK A NIGHT instead of spreading it over 2 nights. So, I thought our night was going to be a disaster, but it turned out fine. Down a few streets were plenty of houses giving out candy. Whew! After the "no candy" fiasco we passed some ducks that this chicken was interested in. At the time I thought this was going to be the highlight of the night. Then I saw the entire cast of Wizard of Oz and I got SUPER excited and asked if I could take a picture. A little embarrassing since we had met the mom/dad/baby at a party once before.Zoe was a nerd, but everyone kept calling her Hermoine, so she went with it.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14