Monday, November 22, 2010

Start spreadin' the news...

We're leaving in 5 days!!


Oh, the Big Apple. You make my heart sing..and sing and sing.


I love New York City SO much more than any person should. I could go there every month and go there only on vacation and be just fine. I don't know if you have been at Christmastime, but it is a magical experience.
Brent and I are taking a much needed 2 person trip to New York on Saturday. In fact this week goes a little something like this- work, drive to Dothan Wednesday, Thanksgiving, birthday(my 30th to be exact which is the reason for the trip), Iron Bowl, drive to Atlanta 5 seconds after the Iron Bowl is over. Fly out Saturday morning. Arrive in NYC at 11:25 (thank you direct flights). So, we have a big week ahead.
Brent and I went together back in 2006 and had a fantastic time. We saw 3 shows and plan to see 3 again this time. I have 9 that I would like to see, so narrowing them down might be tough.
This will be the first time Baker is left overnight at all without one of us with him. I'm nervous, but mainly I am nervous that we are all going to get sick. Zoe just found out she has the flu, so naturally I am freaking out that we are going to get it.
Let's also hope and pray really hard that the Auburn Tigers pull out a win. It could be the best birthday ever, or the worst. I really don't know what the drive to Atlanta is going to look like after one of our teams has just lost. That alone could be intense. Either way, this football season as an Auburn fan has been crazy and amazing and disappointing and happy all at the same time. I won't get into all the Cam allegations b/c frankly I am tired of hearing/talking about it. For now lets just say WAR EAGLE!!
In other news: I have some serious eye issues going on that will effect my vision for life. I am very scared so if you could say a quick prayer for that, I would really appreciate it. Going blind is my #1 fear and I feel like its all coming true at least at some point in my life.
Until then, have a very Happy Thanksgiving and an even happier Iron Bowl (to the AU fans out there)


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jealousy!! I have been to NYC during Christmastime and you are SO right...it is magical. That's the perfect word for it. I hope you guys have a blast and enjoy every second of the big city and your time away from Baker Man. Anna Lee spent her first weekend away last month and while I did miss her, it was VERY nice to not be on anyone's schedule but our own. Safe travels!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14