Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hiatus

I know my two readers have noticed my brief blog hiatus, but I just haven't been able to muster the energy or time to take pictures...I always say a blog without pictures is boring, so I try to always at least include one.


A short weekend recap for you: We broke the pool in for the first time this year which was refreshing. Baker "liked" it alot, which was his review last year as well. "Like", not "love", but we will get there. I was a little fish as a child and I'm just waiting for him to love it the same way.
I took him to Storytime at B&N on Saturday. Again, I'm greatful for this fun/free activity. It doesn't take much more than endless amounts of books and stuffed animals to please this toddler.


Baker is definitely in a "labeling" phase as I like to call it. Whatever he sees that he knows, he has to point it out and say it multiple times with enthusiasm. "Puppy, Colors, Ball, Zoe, Turtle, Tunnel, Toys, Diaper, TV" and so on. Whats even cuter is that he feels the need to tell all things "bye" when he leaves them. Bye toys, bye biscuit, bye teddy, bye door"...and so on. This is complete with a wave. So polite.


This coming weekend, is our 5th annual Girls Weekend here in Tuscaloosa. It has been at all other destinations (I think my Auburn friends were trying to avoid this town) but will finally be here and I'm excited! Brent has strict instructions to make an appearance but stay out of the way.

Wow. it sounds a lot meaner typed out.





Last and also least - Did anyone watch the Bachelorette last night? Am I the only one that still follows this nonsense? Its a total train wreck for me. However, after last night's premiere I just don't know if I have the energy for this season. Ashley is fine, but the "glimpse into the season" looks exhausting. I am angry at her choices already and the season just started.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am totally watching this season but I too am already frustrated with her. But it probably won't stop me! Looking forward to this weekend!

Amy Kennedy said...

Hayes always wants to look at Bake's pics on your blog. She is saying "where's baker?" We need a pool day soon. That would be so fun! Have so much fun at your girls weekend!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14