Thursday, May 5, 2011

A little distraction...

Professor Baker T. Jones




In the midst of what has been a crazy week, Baker and I did have a great distraction while in Birmingham. Brent was still in Montgomery after the storm and since we were staying with Nathan and Amy, we took the opportunity to entertain our babes.





First stop: Chuck E Cheeses (where a kid can be a kid)


I have a precious video of these 2 dancing at Chuck E Cheeses to "Party in the USA" but of course, I still can't figure out how to upload those to my blog.


This was Thursday morning...Thursday afternoon I took Baker to Ross Bridge where my parents were staying for the weekend for the family reunion, which is a whole event separate from this post, but I have zero pictures to show. Sorry family that might be reading this. I was preoccupied all weekend I guess. Anyway, my parents kept Bake at Ross Bridge while I drove back to Tuscaloosa to check on our house, feed the animals, clean up our mess from hunkering down in the storm etc...



Friday we got up pretty early to take the babes to the McWane Center. How cute are these little aprons they wear so they don't get wet?? Very. Guess how effective it was in keeping the water off of Baker? About 10%.








Giant Lite Brite! This was taken about 10 minutes before the meltdown of the century. To the point where I had to "take him out". People were staring. I was embarrassed.


Saturday I was called in to work on Tornado Relief, so I missed a big portion of the family reunion, but I got back to Birmingham Saturday night in time to join the family for those festivities. Again, no pics.







1 comment:

Amy Kennedy said...

I love your pics! And I did not take nearly enough either. None from Saturday, just a few from Sat. night. It was a fun week. SOOO glad y'all could be here w/us. I so wish you could post the dancing video, would love to see it!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14