Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

My sweet, sweet, sweet husband surprised me on Wednesday with a Mother's Day gift that just couldn't wait. I was indeed surprised and excited!





Brent had his friend, and amazing artist, Paul Looney, sketch a picture of me and Baker x 2. In real life, there is only 1 Baker.
I really love it. What a great surprise, B! I get to go pick out a frame of my choice!

On Friday, I got a second Mother's Day gift made by the hand of Baker Jones. I think I was delirious and exhausted because I cried. This is the 800th hand print I have of his, but this one really got me. The first line reads "I miss you when we're not together, I'm growing up so fast..." How is that for tearing at your heartstrings? Man.


My third Mother's Day suprise was a hand drawn picture delivered to wake me up Sunday morning by Baker. So sweet. He put a lot of hard work into it and I love it.


My fourth Mother's Day surprise was the gift of MONO for me and my little baby. How sad is that? Who knew babies even got mono? Well, they do.


We had a couples baby shower in Dothan this weekend for my friend, Courtney. The moment we got inside my parent's house, Baker threw up everywhere. We still got to the shower, but got a call from my parents that Baker was running high fever, asking for us, and generally pitiful. So, we came home. Long story short, I starting feeling equally bad Sunday night. We found out Monday that we both have mono.


Still, a few pics from the shower

1 comment:

Amy Kennedy said...

Love the drawing of you and Bake-that was such a thoughtful gift! I need to email you about something-this is my reminder to myself! Hope you're feeling better today. Love you!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14