Friday, January 20, 2012

A Little Baker Re-Cap & Challenge

I haven't done a post about Baker's latest and greatest in a while. I don't want to forget this stage because like all the other stages, its really cute!

For the most part, I just love two. We are always laughing, never sure of what he will say next or learn. He is such a sponge and we have to be so careful of everything that we say.


*Catching up on "Lost Atlantis"


Fun Facts

Weight- 28 lbs

Favorite Foods (in no particular order)- chicken nuggets, green beans, FRUIT SNACKS (all caps b/c its #1), eggs, bacon, cheese, pancakes, crackers, grapes.

Current Favorite Toys- his train set, Toy Story 4 Wheeler, and although this is not technically a toy, he still is obsessed with www.starfall.com. If you are a mom and haven't introduced this to your kids, go now. He calls it ABC's and Amy introduced us to this early on. He has been addicted ever since.

Favorite Books- Elmo's Favorite Places, School Bugs, Penguins, Are You My Mother, Oh My OH MY Dinosaurs and really this list is too long to complete. For various reasons we own 2 billion kids books. Its a great thing, but they seem to be overtaking Baker's room. His night time routine includes probably 5-7 books before bed. I have to admit this can be exhausting. I'm all about reading and its a great bonding time, but by book 2 or 3, I'm really ready for some me time.

Cute things:
Everytime we go to get in the car he says "Baker Dwive" and wants to sit in the drivers side and drive us wherever we need to go. If we have time, I let him sit there and steer the wheel, do the wipers and the radio. He loves it.

He is very into helping. He feeds the dogs outside every night. He carries it very carefully without spilling and then has to put the cup back in the bag.

He loves the Birthday song and I light a random candle for him and he will sing Happy Birthday (usually to Mommy) and then "blow out the candle" which is hysterical. We usually have to sing it/light the candle 6 times or so.

Now that we live by a pond with ducks, we do a lot of duck feeding. I have a cute video on Facebook of him feeding the ducks, but of course it won't upload here for some reason.

He is still not interested really in potty training. I have to admit I feel no rush on this. While saving on diapers sounds great, it doesn't outweigh the hassle of having to always stop what you are doing to take them to the potty. Baker is the king of "crying wolf" too so I feel like he will use that power against us. However, he always goes potty right before his bath. He throws a fit if we don't let him try, even if its just one drop.

He has known all of his letters and colors for a while. He counts to 10 very enthusiastically, but we haven't worked on knowing what each number looks like.

It is safe to say we love this boy with all we have!

Now, for something I am challenging myself with for the year 2012. I saw on Pinterest a challenge for yourself to only buy USED, CONSIGNED or REFURBISHED in 365 days. This is something I strive to do anyway. Not so much with clothes but pretty much with most everything else. So, I've set the same goal for myself but added OR WITH A COUPON to this list. I started out by buying this from Craigslist:


Its a beautiful pine armoire. At first, from the pictures I thought it would definitely need painting, but once I saw it in person I actually love the look of the wood. Its very rustic already (which is how I would paint it) but it has that "barn" look that I love. It was needed for the very empty wall in our living room that the Christmas tree was covering when we moved in.

I've discovered in buying this that I have an armoire obsession. I realized we have five. FIVE! In the house...only 2 of those actual hold TV's. I just love them.

I'll keep you posted on more of my "challenge" finds.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14