Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Brinkley & a Break

Friday started my "child-free weekend" thanks to my mom. I was having a baby shower at my house on Saturday and she had some curtains of mine made in Dothan so she came to Tuscaloosa on Wednesday with her friend, Sharon (who is a saint, btw) to hang my curtains and spruce up my house to get ready for the baby shower. It was wonderful! In addition, she took Baker with her on Friday and he is coming home tomorrow. So, it has been a busy, but fun and relaxing weekend.

First, let me document the baby shower. It was for a friend and co-worker, Emily, who is having a baby girl any day now, really.



We had awesome food, by Mary Beth Brannan. What a jewel to offer to cook everything!




You can see my curtains from this shot. The picture does not do them justice. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They have done wonders for this room!


We had a few shower games which I normally loathe, but it seemed fitting for Emily and turned out fun.


Emily is always so great to honor us for birthdays at work and she goes the extra mile to decorate our offices and bring desserts etc..It was nice to be able to give back to her and the little life she is about to meet.

Moving on, Its amazing what all you can accomplish without a toddler. Don't get me wrong, I would not trade my life as a mother for anything in the world, but a few days to be "me" was awesome. I went shopping for a lengthy time, not just a few minutes on my lunch hour. That was great! I knocked out alot of things I wanted/needed. Then, Brent and I packed up and went to Birmingham for the night to meet up with some friends that we never see and just have fun. It was great. I havent seen some of these people in 2 or 3 years!


We went to brunch on Sunday with Meg at Homewood Diner and then headed back to Tuscaloosa. We were supposed to go see the Blue Angels but I decided that laying around and watching a lifetime movie sounded a lot more fun...and I think it was.

We decided last minute it might even be fun to play putt-putt. Hmmm, I think my relaxed brain just didn't care what we did. I have never put putt putt on the top of my list of things to do. Anyway, the course was terrible. Run down, weeds, just bad shape. So it was fun to make fun of that, really.

Tonight I am going to Zumba and other places that don't include rushing home to do dinner and baths and bedtime stories. Its feels weird not having that to do. BUT, we get him back tomorrow and I'm super excited to see him. Little man has been thoroughly entertained at Shug and Daggy's though. He might not even want to come home.
I am so thankful for my mom and dad for being willing to take him for 5 days! Especially mom who did SO MUCH at my house before she took that on. We are very blessed.

1 comment:

Caroline H said...

Curtains look awesome! Can't wait to see the whole house someday :)

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14