Monday, March 3, 2008

My Honey!


I feel compelled to write a blog devoted to my sweet future husband Brent. He is soooo wonderful to me I can't even explain. No one has ever made me feel as loved as he does and for that he deserves a blog.
A few fun things about him: Brent has to mimic all sounds as he hears them. When a phone beeps or a garage door is coming down. He makes the sound unintentionally and it is freakishly accurate. I dont know how he does it. When tires shreak or any machine makes an odd noise he without fail will make the exact same sound. I love this trait mainly b/c he really doesn't know he's doing it and is not trying to show off his "sound immitation skills' its just one of those cute quirks I love.
He's so animated yet so calm in an escalated situation. When he's talking to you about something he thinks is exciting or fun he gestures wildly and talks loud with really wide eyes. HOWEVER, if he is merging into another lane and a car is about to hit us, he doesn't say a word, just merges back as I "FREAK OUT". Its really quite funny when I think about it. Its not as funny in the car.
He loves to just play. I don't mean like "lets play Wii or lets play tennis" but I know at any moment if I want to play freeze tag or "not it" at any moment he is game. We love road trip games and "gotcha last" Its completely elementary but SOOO me. The fact that he can be just as silly as I am and sometimes more, its such a rare quality that I need in a man.
Hes a communicator. This too is a rare quality. I have never known a male that is so good and open to "talking" about problems than Brent. In fact, sometimes I might take on the guy role of "lets dont talk about htis anymore" and he will press the issue so we don't hold grudges or stay angry. I'm very thankful for this quality in him.

I love you B!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Awww, yay Brent for communicating! It is freaky (yet great) how perfect you two are for each other. I have a quirk about Brent that I like. Sometimes Brent will refer to a song, and if you don't recognize the title, he will try to remind you by singing the entire song, instead of like just the refrain or the part you would recognize. So, ten minutes later you're like "oh, yeah - I remember that song!"

lindseykennedy said...

BETSY! That is so true and I talk about this all the time. He also doesnt sing it halfway. He goes full out "performance version" of the song so there is no confusion. Hahahah, I love that you know that about him.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey! this is Kellie Thompson Patton -- I saw you a few months ago at my neice's performance of A Christmas Carol with Tuscaloosa Childrens Theatre. She was Tiny Tim (Chandler Turnipseed) we live in Tuscaloosa too. It was neat to recognize you across the room - hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lins! I also wanted to say Hi Kellie Thompson Patton! It's Beth Bailey Granberry. It's been forever!
Great post Lindsey! Sounds like Brent would be up for The Christmas Game. You HAVE to teach him how to play. Remember that time we were suppose to be asleep but we stayed up playing with a flash light!! Sher and Jim would not have been pleased. Have a great day!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Kenny, I have only met Brent one time (in B'ham after Phantom of the Oprey) but do not know him at all. Thanks for the post because now I feel I know a little about this man that you truly love. It sounds like he is Perfect for you! Way to go!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14