Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Girls weekend!

I realize I am about 3 days late on my weekend update, but ya know, a girls gotta job. So, the plan was, my friend Meg, Leah, and Ivy were hosting a shower for me, Kristin (getting married) and Katie (having a baby). We decided it would be just for our group of friends at Leah's parents house in Hoover. We met up Friday night at Meg's house for cocktails and appetizers. It was great to catch up with these girls I rarely get to see, but have SO much fun when we do. Saturday, we met for the shower around noon and ate fun shower food including Edgars cake (yum) and opened presents. This was fun for several reasons. Mainly, this was Krisin's first shower and she obviously hasnt practiced her acceptance of gifts face/script. She said things like "Yea, I can start taking things back now!" and "I will truly never use this". It was super funny for me.

Then Ivy graciously offered for all of us to come to her aunt's lake house on Inlet lake for the night. So, around 4:00 we drove to the lake with more food than 12 hours EVER needs! When we arrived we immediately got in the lake and stayed until it was dark. Then we cooked pizzas and talked until about 2 am. It was so nice to just "be" with these girls. I miss our college days together just sitting at Eagle Point (where most of us lived) and laughing so hard. We missed April, Betsy, and Kat though. I will see you at the wedding though!

P.S. Did I mention Ivy's aunts place is amazing? Flat screen TV's and awesome beds! I could live there for sure! Too bad I have no pictures from the weekend,period.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

That sounds so fun - I'm so sad I couldn't make it!! Hilarious about Kristin's comments, though - pretty sure opening wedding shower gifts in front of numerous people was one of the most uncomfortable situations I've ever had! Miss you and can't wait for the big day!!

Holly Amburgey said...

Lindsey - look on my blog. I have lots of photos. Even one of you cutting that beautiful cake!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,

I saw your name on the Henderley's blog (Troy alums and KD) and had to see if it was the same Lindsey Kennedy that was friends with my sister-in-law, Meghan at DHS. Small world! Congratulations on your engagement!

Sarah Hall
Montgomery, AL

Robin said...

So sad we were out of twon for the big party. You are glowing...Mrs. Robin

Emily Chappell said...

Very fun indeed. I saw the pics on Holly's blog. Ya'll are crazy. :)It is fun to see Katie preggers. I hope she lasts until the wedding so I can see her.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14