Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's a BOY!!


We FINALLY know what is inside my growing belly! Somehow, I was shocked when they told me. Its almost like I didnt know there was a 50% chance it was a boy. I think in the back of my mind I just assumed it was a girl. Now that it has processed and is real, I am very excited. Brent is REALLY excited. This will be "new" for both of us. I wish I had the name to announce but we are still debating. There is one that I am particulary pushing for that I have liked from day 1. For now, here are some pictures of the little guy in action.




I have officially "exposed" him for the world to see, but he told me he doesn't mind. I think it will be really cute if he is a tiny replica of Brent. Brent thinks a tiny bald spot would make it even funnier. So, that is what we are hoping for. It will definately be a fun, new dynamic for our household to have a little boy. Not only that, Brent's side of the family has spawned 9 girls and one boy. Then of course Nathan and Amy have a girl as well. So, I guess it was time for a Y chromosome to break through triumphantly.

We are blessed that all arms, legs, heart, spine and everything else they look for was there! His heartbeat is still strong and my blood pressure is good. I am so thankful.

I will leave you with this: Why is it when you ask some pregnant women what they are having, they say "a little boy"? As if birthing a teenage boy was an option. This just happened the other day. I am going to try to answer just "boy".

8 comments:

meg said...

or "a baby boy"

well, let's hope so...

So excited about Boy Jones. I'm pulling for your name to win. :)

taylor said...

Haha so true!
So excited for you both!

Amy Kennedy said...

Girl I am SUPER excited for y'all! I've been thinking about you since we hung up yesterday. He will be a perfect addition for the family-so thankful everything looked great. Hayes is asking what his name is-we want to know soon!

Jeanna said...

Yeeeeeeah, Jeighdan Huntyr Jones. Congrats!

Carrie said...

I am so glad you can't birth teenagers. You'd skip all the cute stuff!!!

Holly Amburgey said...

I laughed real hard about the little boy comment. So funny and so true. Maybe you should try saying "a 12 year old boy" and see what kind of response you get.

Jessica said...

How fun! Good luck on the name game...I had a great boy name picked out but Josh hated it, so I guess the Lord decided to spare us that fight! I thought we were having a boy so I was like you - completely shocked when the ultrasound lady said she was a girl. Congrats again! Keep us posted on the name!

Unknown said...

A boy!! Wow! Congratulations.(I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like like it! Just had my first little boy, such a wonderful experience. If you are thinking of names by the way, check out http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin. My little boy is called Marlow and he is just perfect. Fingers are crossed everything goes well for you xx P.s. love your blog

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14